Can we reach the top like eHarmony? or Plenty of Fish? Please review eMackin

1tigerlivejob

Reaction score
Well we need some honest feedback on a dating site we created, We need to know what your first impressions are when ariving to the site and is it something you will signup to right away or does it not look interested enough to signup, Also please let us know about the name and design of the site, is it a good catch? Thanks to all feedback it will really help us help our users. eMackin.com

Zenax

Reaction score
Hey,
First off, its a nice looking website. There are a few things that I would be interested in changing around. It is mainly padding, and layout issues. I am attaching some pictures to show the issues.

01.png - First is the like Facebook part on the top right of the website (see 01.png). The padding and width of this element needs changing. Also if you look the share part is way off from where the like part was.

02.png - The next issue is the login text with the login form at the top of the page. The issue with this is the colour of the text. The text should be white, and perhaps in bold to stand it out from the background image behind it.

03.png - Another thing, and this is only a tiny issue, is the font used in this section, and also the layout. I feel the logo should appear at the top of this section and not in the middle. I would look at a nicer, more professional font, such as Nexa (available here: http://fontfabric.com/nexa-free-font/). Also the third box is slightly off from the top compared to the other two.

04.png - Just a slight padding issue with the adverts here.

05.png - This might need a slight re-wording? Perhaps for it to say "I'm a" instead of "Find a", on the advance search page.

06.png - Also on the advance search page. There is a pre-selected box for slim, which I feel is a bit presumptuous. I also feel on that page, that some of the options there are not necessary.

Also, and perhaps this is just me. On the index page you have the logo at the top, and the logo in the center of the main page. I feel you only need one version there, and if you do want both, then they should be matching in style.

Hope you don't think that I am being too picky but it is first impressions with these things, especially if you are trying to set it up as a professional business. Hope it helps. Content wise, it looks good though.

Attachments

• 01.PNG
    01.PNG
    39 KB · Views: 1
  • 02.PNG
    02.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 03.PNG
    03.PNG
    64 KB · Views: 1
  • 04.PNG
    04.PNG
    53.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 05.PNG
    05.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 1
  • 06.PNG
    06.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 1

caftpx10

Reaction score
I've found something that you may have to change.
The text "Hello guest, please login above" needs to be white since the background behind the text is dark and therefore makes it hard or near impossible to read without highlighting.