How do I change the front page of my website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awesom3x

Reaction score
I have a website (awesom3.x10.mx) and I'm wondering: How do I change the front page?
I tried putting an index.htm file in my main public_html directory, but that didn't do anything. :confused:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You need to clear your browser's cache and history for your site (while not having the "coming soon" page open), then restart your browser before looking at your site. The auto-generated pages are very "sticky" in cache.

awesom3x

Reaction score
Tried that, didn't work. My public_html directory files/folders are as follows:
ads/
data/
error/
services/
index.htm
ads.css
xtnl.png

Is there a problem that should make that not work?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
This is my in-progress website. I am thankful to X10Hosting for offering free hosting to me! :D

Your site displays. The problem is either in your browser or your ISP caching the old info.

awesom3x

Reaction score
Oh, good to know. I'm going to see if switching browsers does anything. If it doesn't and resetting my DNS cache as per instructions doesn't work, it's my ISP...>:| which I can do nothing about. Thanks for the help, and at least I now know I don't need that index.htm on the end of my website link when I share it! :)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Forget the DNS cache. It's usually your browser cache and history that is the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.