Should I keep up a site that is incomplete?

hireahit

Reaction score
I just started developing my website, and I was wondering if it was ok to leave it up as I work on it, or do I have to take it down until it is finished? I don't want to get into any trouble over that. Thanks :cat:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be ok to leave it up, just remember to login to the portal once every 30 days to keep the account active, inactive accounts are suspended and later terminated.

wwinter

Reaction score
What is incomplete to you is complete to others. As long as you've an index page that is html, it is complete.

schedul4

Reaction score
If you have spread the word about your site before its finished, What I usually do is make a Under Construction picture & stick it as the index page saying come back later. But under that I also leave a shoutbox or a irc chat box for people to chat until the site is finished.

spqrx102

Reaction score
Something else you can do is create a sub-directory that contains all of your projects/websites, and a generic index.htm in your "root" (not actual root, obviously). I also tend to have various projects/websites that I work on sporadically. I want there to be something users see if they visit my URL, so I typically throw together something about myself and/or links to the various projects.

karan_112847

Reaction score
You should just login into it at regular intervals to maintain it and avoid termination.

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
Honestly, I think a good, interesting website is NEVER truly finished. Keeping content updated and fresh is what brings visitors back.

*looks at long non-updated website*

Erm, yep....

*slinks back under desk*