domain transfer to x10hosting, how do I action this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautyx2

Reaction score
Yes... we are trying to bring multiple business ventures together on one site and reduce overheads.
We brought Stephanie's bodyredemption.co.nz over, and that seems to be working as a parked domain.
Now we also want cosmetic-escape.com to come in to the same web site at x10hosting: http://beauty.x10host.com/
I think we can do that as a subdomain.
Stephanie payed Brinkster.com to register her domain name "cosmetic-escape.com" for her and I don't understand what this secret code means that they say we need to use now. We did not need one for bodyredemption.co.nz

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
that is to transfer domain or log-on at Brinkster.com and update nameservers. Name servers tell the world where to find the domain. I believe you would have to addon cosmetic-escape.com in cPanel and update name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com at brinkster.com.

http://www.intodns.com/cosmetic-escape.com

beautyx2

Reaction score
that is to transfer domain or log-on at Brinkster.com and update nameservers. Name servers tell the world where to find the domain. I believe you would have to addon cosmetic-escape.com in cPanel and update name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com at brinkster.com.

http://www.intodns.com/cosmetic-escape
Oh... Brinkster said they would disable the entry on their name servers... but presumably the name is registered who it belongs to somewhere so that we can say which name servers are to be used?

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
You should have a domain control panel at brinkster to update name servers yourself. Or who ever owns the domain.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
update name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com at brinkster.com - before you try to add that domain to your x10hosting's free-hosting account

angelic7

Reaction score
update name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com at brinkster.com - before you try to add that domain to your x10hosting's free-hosting account
Well I'm stuck. :'(
I can't find anything that looks like a control panel for updating the name servers at Brinkster... So this is the conversation I had with them the other night, and it looks like they are saying x10hosting would take over the registration, but we already paid for name registration to Brinkster. Any explanation of what to do would be much appreciated, because it's stopping us from doing online registration forms, when customers go to an obsolete website.
BrinksterSupport.png

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
whois reports
Domain Name: COSMETIC-ESCAPE.COM
Registrar URL: wildwestdomains dot com
Registrant Name: s d
Registrant Organization:
Name Server: NS1.BRINKSTER.COM
Name Server: NS2.BRINKSTER.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

you should be able to login at wildwestdomains dot com and update the name servers. They are the registrar of the domain. You should not have to transfer the domain registration. Is it possible you paid Brinkster for web hosting? Or was the TLD registration transferred to Brinkster.

beautyx2

Reaction score
whois reports
Domain Name: COSMETIC-ESCAPE.COM
Registrar URL: wildwestdomains dot com
Registrant Name: s d
Registrant Organization:
Name Server: NS1.BRINKSTER.COM
Name Server: NS2.BRINKSTER.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

you should be able to login at wildwestdomains dot com and update the name servers. They are the registrar of the domain. You should not have to transfer the domain registration. Is it possible you paid Brinkster for web hosting? Or was the TLD registration transferred to Brinkster.

Thank you ttbx10ho... sorry for switching accounts all the time. I created this one for Stephanie really, but I'm trying to get it all working for her first. Once we can bring her web presence together and it starts producing more business I think we will be wanting to upgrade our hosting plan, but your free entry level hosting is a great opportunity to get started.
I think what happened is that someone she hired to create the cosmetic-escape website did it all through Brinkster who then presumably used Wild West Domains to register the domain name. Thus I don't think we have access to an account with Wild West Domains directly. Brinkster have now told me that they will update the name servers, but need explicit instruction from Stephanie, not from me, so I have e-mailed her and hopefully she can provide them with the credentials they need. I do understand there is a lot skulduggery going on in cyber-space so I didn't expect it to be easy ;)

angelic7

Reaction score
So yeah... that's sorted and I suppose we can move the domain name when it comes up for renewal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.