DNS zone not ready...error when transfering my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphotosx

Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently trying to transfer my domain to NETIM.com but the registar can't complete the process. I received the following email.

However, .IE Registry states that your DNS zone is not ready on those servers :
OK: Wed Nov 19 07:25:06 2014
OK: Verifying zone gphotos.ie.
OK: Starting verification from server ns1.x10hosting.com
OK: Requesting NS list for zone gphotos.ie. from ns1.x10hosting.com
OK: Checking ns1.x10hosting.com for authority
OK: Requesting SOA for zone gphotos.ie. from server ns1.x10hosting.com
OK: Querying server ns1.x10hosting.com as 198.91.81.5
OK: Requesting SOA for zone gphotos.ie. from server ns2.x10hosting.com
OK: Querying server ns2.x10hosting.com as ns2.x10hosting.com
OK: Authoritative answer for gphotos.ie./SOA (2014101501) from server ns2.x10hosting.com
FATAL: Authoritative answers obtained from only one nameserver
FATAL: At least two authoritative name servers are required
FATAL: Verification failed for zone gphotos.ie.
FATAL: Wed Nov 19 07:25:36 2014

Please provide this to your hosting service provider. and have them ready your DNS zone.

Can someone please help.
Thanks,
Rob

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
change the name servers to the current registrars default name server. Initiate transfer. After transfer completes update name servers at NETIM.com dns manage to hosting provider name servers. propagation is going to be hell for icann.

gphotosx

Reaction score
I can't change the DNS from previous registrar as it expired last Sunday, as my registrar where trying to transfer the domain since Wed. But the old registrar has the dns set at
clint.ns.cloudflare.com & amanda.ns.cloudflare.com. I am getting the new registrar to put the dns to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com, ns2.x10hosting.com seems to be failing

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
The domain is in limbo since it has expired. If the transfer was initiated before expiration it may be okay. NETIM.com may just have to use the current name servers or their name servers. But name servers should not be blocking domain registration transfer.

What are the name servers in x10 cPanel dns zone?

Last edited:

gphotosx

Reaction score
Name TTL Class Type Record
gphotos.ie. 14400 IN A 198.91.81.2
localhost.gphotos.ie. 14400 IN A 127.0.0.1
mail.gphotos.ie. 14400 IN CNAME gphotos.ie
www.gphotos.ie. 14400 IN CNAME gphotos.ie
ftp.gphotos.ie. 14400 IN CNAME gphotos.ie

i have not touch these!

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
look in advanced dns zone and see what the name servers are. ns1.x10hosting.com or ns1.cloudfair.com

gphotosx

Reaction score
The above was a copy of the Advance dns zone. Do I need to change one of these?

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
"no". what I would do is try and initiate domain registration transfer with the cloudflare name servers instead of ns1 and ns2.x10hosting.com. whois record for gphotos.ie is not telling me who the registrar is. getting the domain registered with a registrar is the first thing before you lose the domain. updating name servers can be done anytime after that.

Or you may have to un-signup from cloud fair. That may be the problem since http://www.intodns.com/gphotos.ie reports the name servers as:
clint.ns.cloudflare.com. ['173.245.59.90'] (NO GLUE) [TTL=172800]
amanda.ns.cloudflare.com. ['173.245.58.63'] (NO GLUE) [TTL=172800]

gphotosx

Reaction score
Good idea, I will ask them to point the ns to cloudfare & then try to resolve the issue. Once they the domain transferred I will give you a shout back, hopefully tomorrow.
I never had this problem before, until about two weeks ago the site could not be accessed.
Thanks for your help

gphotosx

Reaction score
Ok so the domain has been transferred to my new registrar use cloud fair dns (thanks ttbx10ho), but I am still getting the same errors with cloud fair. I have since tried using ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com with my new registrar but no joy they keep failing. I don't know what else I can do. Has any one any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.