Website Temporarily Disabled - excessive resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sperko

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just came on to find my website has been temporarily disabled for the first time that I know of, I haven't edited or added anything new to cause this.

Can this block be removed please and is there a way in identifying what caused the high usage to stop it happening again in the future?

my x10 domain is sperko.x10host.com

Many thanks :)

sperko

Reaction score
Nothing in cPanel is helping identify the problem but the Resource Usage Overview says the following:
Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours
You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 1 times

I hope you can help :)

sperko

Reaction score
Update: my site is now available after the hour period was up, but I still want to know what caused the resource limit to be reached and how to stop this happening again please

rajinfox

Reaction score
Its irritating me....after two or three days its come again..plz resolve this error

This times in my cpanel

Resource Usage Overview says the following:
Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours
You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 59 times

Plz tell how can I avoid these number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell session

My site is www.rajinfo.x10host.com

My server xo1

allstare

Reaction score
I think something may be going wrong across the board, It took me a few attempts to even load up x10hosting.com today, and I'm getting some issues myself.

sperko

Reaction score
Update: looks like it's working now & there's an update on the status page, thank you for looking into this! :D

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems.
x10hosting's free-hosting server [ xo1 ] was down to the Internet today - for about 9.5 Hours

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
The server was not down--there was an issue with the webserver on the server itself that was preventing pages from being loaded.

sperko

Reaction score
Thank you for an update on that, but can I get an update on the original post when my site was temporarily disabled on Sunday due to excessive resource usage, can the cause of the excessive resource usage be checked so I can stop that happening in the future?

Last edited:

sperko

Reaction score
Shall I just leave this until it happens again? Hopefully you can help me identify what caused it :)

jensen

Reaction score
Did you install Drupal or some other CMS? Drupal uses quite a lot of resources and is less suitable for shared hosting. I love drupal until the shared hosting servers gave up on the demands for memory and resources. Had to fork out quite a bit just to run Drupal so I gave up and went to Wordpress. But now Wordpress also becoming resource hungry. So back to plain html :)

joomlax1

Reaction score
Nope didn't use any CMS or scripts, just been coding with html

well in that case they want you to upgrade the service to premium so that you get maximum benefit from the service. It does cost money to get to the premium service but it is too expensive for me so I am looking for something cheap at bluehost.

joomlax1

Reaction score
If you do not make backups of your important data - it is obviously not important to you

I now know how important backups are. My site has been disabled and thank god I had some old backups so I am back in business on some other free webhosts.

jensen

Reaction score
sperko has been a member here since 2009 so he would have known the requirements here at x10hosting.
High resources usage can also be due to some coding errors. We will not know until his account is back online.

sperko, please share with us your website once your site is online again. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.