Unable to signup for free hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dWhite

Reaction score
Hi there x10. I'm coming back to try out your free hosting again and I'm trying to register but keep being presented with this:

{"success":true,"message":"","data":false}

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi dWhite,

Thank you for the private message. What web browser are you using? Are you using any browser extensions? :)

Thank you,

dWhite

Reaction score
Hi dWhite,

Thank you for the private message. What web browser are you using? Are you using any browser extensions? :)

Thank you,

Firefox 37.0.2

Adblock Plus
Download Statusbar
Status-4-Ever
My Homepage
Web of Trust

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What part of the signup process are you receiving that on?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks,

We're trying to figure out how to reproduce the issue and looking at logs. Can you try in privacy mode \ incognito to rule out plugins and caching being an issue?

dWhite

Reaction score
Thanks,

We're trying to figure out how to reproduce the issue and looking at logs. Can you try in privacy mode \ incognito to rule out plugins and caching being an issue?

I've actually also tried in a clean install of Google Chrome as well as Internet Explorer too. Both produce that weird message.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What operating system are you using? We're trying to reproduce as much as we can of your environment.

dWhite

Reaction score
I do believe I have found the culprit. It seems part of the signup process gets blocked by my HOSTS file, which I use a list as an added layer of security:

http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/zero/

I use this for my hosts file, it seems something in the signup is blocked. I completely cleared my hosts file and was able to proceed to the next part of the signup process without issue.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That was it, we were able to reproduce it using the link you provided.

It is blocking one of the JS files we use for our fraud identification, we'll come up with a fix.

dWhite

Reaction score
That was it, we were able to reproduce it using the link you provided.

It is blocking one of the JS files we use for our fraud identification, we'll come up with a fix.

Well I was able to signup and got my blog up and running now, I can probably put the list back into my hosts file now and will report if I have any more problems in relation to x10hosting and that hosts file list.

Status
Not open for further replies.