Can't Add New Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

macintoshhelper

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a new domain and have changed the nameservers to point to x10hosting; I know about DNS propagation, but both my home internet DNS and whois shows the new nameservers which were set two days ago. I get an error: "Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated[...]" when I try to add my new domain as an Addon Domain, I've tried in both cPanel x3 and the x10hosting basic panel, both producing the same error.
My domain is playtoview[d o t]com. Is it possible that it could be manually added or anything, as there seems to be a cPanel bug mentioned in many other posts about the same issue of adding a (new) domain the past month?
Thanks!

macintoshhelper

Reaction score
Could anyone take a look at this please? Also, the post about a potential cPanel bug mentions that the .io TLD is affected, but I and others are experiencing the same issue with .com TLDs.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi everyone, please try again. We made some changes to our DNS infrastructure at the end of May to increase security, reliability, and performance. cPanel isn't liking those changes, but we have we have a fix in place now across all systems. If you see the error here return (or any others!) please do not hesitate to let me know.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi, I am having this same issue. My DNS propagation does not seem to be complete according to https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/rrpomerleau.ca , but I registered it three days ago tonight so I find that a bit strange. Every whois site I've checked shows x10's nameservers as expected and it has been over 72 hours now.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming that part, but just to be clear I can't do that since I am getting
Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

jahlinmo

Reaction score
Hi I need help. when I added my domain and pointed the name servers to my site 2feelitreal.com I get my site address(2feelitreal.com) but whenever I click a link in my site I get this url "http://jahlinmoor.x10host.com/index.php/get-in-touch/" How can I change this to where it always redirects to my site when clicking links in site? thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.