Wordpress: trying to preview or save and get this Forbidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
When ever I try to preview or save an article or a page in WordPress I received this error. I have updated Wordpress to the latest version. I have not changed or modified the permissions of the folders or the pages.

The server I am on is Vox

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-admin/post.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Michael

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Which domain is it that you are having trouble with?

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
I need to have this fixed, this issue has been going on for a while now, still getting the same error.

Last edited:

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
Why can't I access the "Error Logs" in cPanel to find out what is causing this error? I am still getting the same error.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The permissions on your wpf folder are 777; this is a security risk so the server is throwing an immediate 403 to protect itself. Folders should be set to 755 and files to 644; you should be able to update this either via cPanel or through FTP software.

Edit: I should clarify that there might potentially be something else also contributing to the error, but this is the first "layer" we need to fix to see if anything else has gone bad.

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
The permissions on your wpf folder are 777; this is a security risk so the server is throwing an immediate 403 to protect itself. Folders should be set to 755 and files to 644; you should be able to update this either via cPanel or through FTP software.

Edit: I should clarify that there might potentially be something else also contributing to the error, but this is the first "layer" we need to fix to see if anything else has gone bad.

Thank you, that fixed the errors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.