Mod Security issue...maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgoletsg

Reaction score
Im getting the message posted below everytime I want to save content on a page.

You don't have permission to access /cms/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.​

I changed the cms/index.php file to 755 permission and refreshed in the cPanel Manager, but Im having the same issue. I noticed on another thread that mod_security maybe causing the problem. If this is true is there a work around or can this file be modified to allow me to save content. Thanks

my site: http://lgoletsgo.x10host.com

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Files can't have permissions higher than 644; a 755 will automatically get a 403 Forbidden response (it's a huge security risk that can actually bleed outside of your account). I know that doesn't help with your original problem, but it will at least get you back to something fixable. Yes, that probably is mod_security; the problem is usually the content you are trying to save (too many links, URLs being passed other than through POST, JavaScript, etc.). It would help if you could describe the minimum circumstances required to reproduce the problem. (And note that it will take somebody with proper server access - filesystem at least - to do much in the way of investigation. Most of the community support volunteers don't have the access needed to help with the problem, and several that do don't have access to modify mod_security rules if a safe exception can be made for your use case.)

lgoletsg

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, I will change the permissions and see what happens. I am currently trying to set up a CMA called OCportal. I successfully set this up a couple of weeks ago and it was working fine. Now with in the past week or so I started to get the above error every time I try to add a Comcode page in OCPortal. I click to add page and when I scroll down to save this new page this error pops up:

You don't have permission to access /cms/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

wendyrbean

Reaction score
Finally got the solution for my problem. Thank you very much for providing the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.