what constitutes visiting x10 once a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akx10mxa

Reaction score
Having the free account requires you visit once a month.
I have a repeating calendar item once every 25 days to remind me. Gives me plenty of time to do it the day before or after.

Currently all I do is log in and click visit cPanel and logout.
But I got an email today saying my account had been suspended due to inactivity. And my calendar says I'm supposed to visit it in 2 days.

So something isn't clicking here. 1) I could have missed a visit. 2) what constitutes a 'visit'?

Any help would be appreciated.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Logging in to the SSO portal (https://x10hosting.com/sso/login/) is all that's required and all that counts. (FTP and cPanel direct logins don't count, nor does logging in to the forum.) I suppose it is possible that the system could fail to record an SSO login properly if that visit is timed just right to coincide with a server problem, but I've never personally experienced it.

akx10mxa

Reaction score
Thanks. I just looked at my bookmark and it does log me directly into cPanel. Yet another link I have brings me to a sso/login. So I guess I'll start changing that procedure. It's a start.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing worth mentioning is that the system counts days, so the requirement is once every 30 days (if you read the full ToS this is specified under inactivity, section 6) and may not always work with setting a reminder to login on 18th every month for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.