now my 4th request for unlinited disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman110

Reaction score
Hello just yet agin requesting unlimited disk space as it us causing my emIls and other key services on my hosting to stop working.

Thanks

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It has already been explained that the problem is that your space is being used for emails, and that's not what the space is being provided for. There's no problem keeping customer relations data as such, but you're probably not going to get unmetered space for what is basically an email archive with a small website attached. Asking more times isn't going to change the answer.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
As @essellar stated, your account does not qualify for unmetered disk space at this time. 99.1% of your used space is emails. x10Hosting is a web host, not an email host; while we offer email services along with websites because doing otherwise would be a huge disservice to our users, the point of our service is not so that we retain a permanent archive of all of your emails. My recommendation therefore is to delete your older emails to free up space.

mattman110

Reaction score
As @essellar stated, your account does not qualify for unmetered disk space at this time. 99.1% of your used space is emails. x10Hosting is a web host, not an email host; while we offer email services along with websites because doing otherwise would be a huge disservice to our users, the point of our service is not so that we retain a permanent archive of all of your emails. My recommendation therefore is to delete your older emails to free up space.

i cant log in to my emails currently as of this space issue.

if i would have had a reply or explanation to my first request would i would not need to keep posting untill i get a answer.

How will you be proceeding with the matter as i cant access my emails via a mail client like out look or direct via one of the 3 web mail providers you offer, as if this i can not delete any emails.

you provide 3 mail accounts with free hosting , the average mail box these days is 1gb. please explain you justification to only providing 512mb for the hole service, how have you worked this out ? This has only become problem when you suddenly dropped the size with out no warning! a email message and a time to reduce my size would have been appreciated.

Cloud hosting that's free and unlimited (sometimes)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

How will you be proceeding with the matter as i cant access my emails via a mail client like out look or direct via one of the 3 web mail providers you offer, as if this i can not delete any emails.
You can log in using your cPanel File Manager or FTP, and look under the "mail" folder on your account. All your emails are stored in various folders within there, and files can be deleted directly. ;)

please explain you justification to only providing 512mb for the hole service, how have you worked this out ?
Typically, 512MB is plenty of space for normal websites, and the majority of accounts never hit this limit. In rare occasions where people require more space for their website, we are happy to upgrade them to unmetered disk space, provided they meet the requirements. We have this extra step in place to prevent people abusing our service. I'm sure you can understand the abuse that we would receive if we gave accounts unmetered disk space at first, which is why we add this as a free upgrade, so that we can review accounts. However, we are a web-hosting company, and not a file storage company, nor a service for hosting old emails.

This has only become problem when you suddenly dropped the size with out no warning! a email message and a time to reduce my size would have been appreciated.
We have limited accounts to either 512MB of space or 1024MB for years. This is not a new limit, and there are several posts in the News/Announcements section discussing this.

Thank you,

Last edited:

mattman110

Reaction score
also i can see the files in the file manager but cant read them so unable to establish if i need to archive them off or they can be deleted !

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

also i can see the files in the file manager but cant read them so unable to establish if i need to archive them off or they can be deleted !
cPanel File Manager will tell you the date the email was received. If you are unsure what it is, you can right-click and choose "View" to see the raw contents. You might also be able to see your emails using Webmail instead.

can i have my 1024MB back please?
All accounts are currently limited to 512MB, unless they have requested an upgrade.

Thank you,

mattman110

Reaction score
I feel like this I keep going round in circles as if I ask for double my disk space I'm prety sure I will be told I'm not elagabale.

Web mail will not load .

I have just tried to view my mail as you recommended and it a littile unusable as most of it makes no sence to me I really neead to be able to read the mail as mail .

Is there any way I can get a temporarily disk size up grade ?

mattman110

Reaction score
This I now well beyond a joke you are practical holding my emails to ransom, it's now affecting my business , I x ant send Email invoices or recive orders

What am I supposed to do ?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can download the emails to your local computer using POP and read them at your leisure.

Michael

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have extended this accounts disk space for 24 hours allowing you to access webmail and remove the mail from the server. This is only a temporary allowance so please take care of this problem immediately. If you would like to prevent this type of problem from happening again you can upgrade to our Premium service which has no such disk space restriction. Please visit us at x10premium.com to view these plans and pricing options.

-Michael

mattman110

Reaction score
hello my space seems to have remained the same. two of the web-mail clients fails to load and provides errors, now trying via my client

mattman110

Reaction score
client connected buy unable to synchronize so i cant delete mail or pull down my folders to archive off, someone please help as i am time limited here

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
It seems the upgrade didn't go through, I reapplied it.

bholdswo

Reaction score
I would think this thread should be closed as the way it is going doesn't seem right....
(I may be wrong)

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.