Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xistgami

Reaction score
My communities owners decided they wanted to start using a (.com) instead of our current (.x10.mx) we bought the domain "xistgaming.com" and tried to set the redirect but it still isnt working. Our website right now is xistgaming.x10.mx. Do I need to upgrade our x10 account or am I missing something?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Add the domain as a Parked domain and it should work.

Setting up your domain
Firstly, you will need to set your domain to use our nameservers from your domain registrar's control panel. Our nameservers are:

• ns1.x10hosting.com
  • ns2.x10hosting.com
If you are unsure where to enter these, please contact your domain registrar.
Once you have set the nameservers, you can add your domain name as either a Parked Domain or an Addon Domain in cPanel.
Unsure whether to use a parked or addon domain? See this related article: Addon vs Parked Domains

Adding a Parked Domain
A Parked Domain (or "Alias") will mirror your main domain name, displaying the same content.

x10Hosting Basic
Please select "Domains" from the navigation bar at the top, and choose the "Add New Domain" button. Enter the domain name that you wish to use, and click "Add Domain".

cPanel x3
Please select the "Parked Domains" icon on the cPanel home screen, under "Domains". Enter the domain name you wish to use, and choose "Add Domain".

xistgami

Reaction score
One more question, due I change the urls under configuration in the site details tab or will it automatically redirect to it?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You probably will need to update the URL in your forum.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The latter. That's the string the software uses to build external links (like on the actual web pages); nothing outside of the server needs to know what the internal paths are.

Status
Not open for further replies.