unable to install wordpress 4.7 from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeet2

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to install wordpress on coffeetalking.net as an addon domain, but everytime I run the install, it gets the database credentials right, and the user with full rights. But in the install process I've got this errors:

[12-Dec-2016 22:45:46 UTC] WordPress database error Can't create/write to file '/dev/shm/#sql_96b_0.MAI' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied") for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `wp_options` made by require('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, wp_cron, spawn_cron, set_transient, update_option
[12-Dec-2016 22:45:46 UTC] WordPress database error Can't create/write to file '/dev/shm/#sql_96b_0.MAI' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied") for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `wp_options` made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, wp_schedule_update_checks, wp_schedule_event, _set_cron_array, update_option

... and some other similar errors.

The result is that no user, no post no-nothing is created in the database's tables, so I'm unable to login. What's happening ???

I've tried to set full access to the /tmp folder as other threads suggested with no luck.

The same goes if I use the wizard to create the site, no way to login

Something is wrong with the installation...

EVEN if I install everything in local with XAMPP, and try to import the database, it gives me this error:

Can't create/write to file '/dev/shm/ibdV47GT' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")

I've tried to create /dev/shm, both with full rights (777), but once I set these rights they revert to the original value (755)

what's more: if I try to execute the failing sql from the sql script screen in phpmyadmin it gives me the same error:

ALTER TABLE `wp_comments` ADD PRIMARY KEY ( `comment_ID` ) ,
ADD KEY `comment_post_ID` ( `comment_post_ID` ) ,
ADD KEY `comment_approved_date_gmt` ( `comment_approved` , `comment_date_gmt` ) ,
ADD KEY `comment_date_gmt` ( `comment_date_gmt` ) ,
ADD KEY `comment_parent` ( `comment_parent` ) ,
ADD KEY `comment_author_email` ( `comment_author_email` ( 10 ) ) ;

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/dev/shm/ibdV47GT' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")

I've wasted almost a week trying to desperately set up my account with several free hostings like this, and hostinger, awardspace and bytehost, and something ALWAYS FAILS AT THE END.

It's very frustrating, how a simple thing like this could end up in a particular micro nightmare.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The issues regarding databases has been fixed.

edtechx1

Reaction score
since it's wordpress... any reason you couldn't install whichever package it is that is in the autoinstaller and then tell it to update from the dashboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.