Cache did not update after a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinjalsh

Reaction score
Hi,

I uploaded updated files to my website (kinjalshah.x10hosting.com) more than a week ago. Yet, when I open it (after clearing my browser cache and flushing my local DNS, of course), I still see the old version.

I may have had enabled caching in .htaccess at some point, but have disabled it now through the following line in my .htaccess.
Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

But I still see the old version. Either the Varnish cache is serving the old version, or some intermediate ISP cached the webpage and just isn't letting go. The problem persists after a week of updating the files. How can I resolve this? Please, please look into this issue as soon as possible as it is affecting my job applications.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you give me a link to the page that is loading the old content? Varnish should stop caching the content as of the next time it has to fetch your webpage.

kinjalsh

Reaction score
Hi Ethan,

Thank you so much for looking into this. Since last night, two things have happened (not sure if you did that):

a) The x10hosting page --- kinjalshah.x10host.com --- started working perfectly. (Earlier, even that was cached.)
b) My parked domain --- kinjalshah.info --- was removed from my x10hosting account. I re-added it. And now it still shows the old page AND some images are not loading.

You can check the differences between the two versions.

Eagerly looking forward to your reply.

kinjalsh

Reaction score
Hi Ethan,

Were you able to locate the problem?

I should add that www.kinjalshah.info serves yet another version (newer than kinjalshah.info, but not updated like kinjalshah.x10host.com). Also, fetching kinjalshah.info/?v=2 (or anything to bust cache) fetches the latest version, but I would like to not have to send such horrible links to people :)

Awaiting your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.