Users reporting Forbidden and 403 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouseirp

Reaction score
Hello, I installed a MyBB forum and some of my users are having problems when trying to post, they report to me that when trying to post or edit their posts they get a Forbidden error, and a 403 for ErrorDocument when trying to reach /editpost.php and /newreply.php.

I checked their permissions already, nothing seems to be out of place, but I saw in other threads that this could be due to some configurations I can't adjust until I get Premium.

Thanks.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It could be the content they're posting, particularly links and/or code. There is a three-link limit to prevent/limit spam, and most code will trigger the filters as well (to prevent cross-site and injection attacks). If you can get a handle on the kind of content your users are trying to post, the admins may be able to lift a rule or two to accommodate your needs (provided, of course, that they're not obviously inviting malicious activity). Yes, it's a pain, but Free Hosting needs to be kept locked down much more tightly than the paid hosting servers; we used to spend more time with the servers here on blacklists waiting to get off than with reliable access a few years back, and since they usually block servers by IP address, that meant one badly-managed site could take down hundreds of user accounts.

kouseirp

Reaction score
I understand, actually my users didn't try posting any code or links, plain text and BBCode only which has me completely puzzled, since I do know that scripts and other stuff like that does gets sometimes picked by the filters.

This is my site:

http://kouseirpg.pcriot.com/

So, we found out that it was due to some bad words in my users' posts... Now I'm wondering if it'd be possible to somehow change the Forbidden 403 error page with a page stating they gotta review their post for bad words?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.