HTML can't find PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

paypalge

Reaction score
Hello,
I am having some trouble as the code I uploaded via html window on the site is not finding the php.
I have a registration form, and the html code calls for a registration.php but every time I run it I get a 404, it can't find the php.
Any suggestions?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Any suggestions?
-
folder [ public_html ] should have permissions of [ 0750 ] (rwer-x-)

folders inside of folder [ public_html ] should have permissions of [ 0755 ] (rwxr-xr-x)

files inside of folder [ public_html ] - and all files inside of all folders inside of it - should be [ 0644 ] (-rw-r--r--)

###

is the file name in lower case on the disk and when you call it is that call in lower case ? - it should be
###

mod_security settings will throw a 404 error if it sees a "leaky" response and a 403 error if it sees a "shady" request

you'll get either a 403, a 404 or an empty response instead, depending on the apparent severity

With mod_security in place, it's difficult to tell what's going on - You can try enabling error logging (temporarily) via the PHP settings in cPanel to give you a better clue, since just about anything that throws an error is going to return a 403 or a 404
###

paypalge

Reaction score
-
folder [ public_html ] should have permissions of [ 0750 ] (rwer-x-)

folders inside of folder [ public_html ] should have permissions of [ 0755 ] (rwxr-xr-x)

files inside of folder [ public_html ] - and all files inside of all folders inside of it - should be [ 0644 ] (-rw-r--r--)

###

is the file name in lower case on the disk and when you call it is that call in lower case ? - it should be
###

mod_security settings will throw a 404 error if it sees a "leaky" response and a 403 error if it sees a "shady" request

you'll get either a 403, a 404 or an empty response instead, depending on the apparent severity

With mod_security in place, it's difficult to tell what's going on - You can try enabling error logging (temporarily) via the PHP settings in cPanel to give you a better clue, since just about anything that throws an error is going to return a 403 or a 404
###
How can I check and edit the folder and files permissions?
The "change permissions" button is locked
Thanks

paypalge

Reaction score
-
in [ File Manager ] you need to select the folder or file before you click on [ Change Permissions ]
###
Have you ever added a log in feature to a website in this x10hosting platform?
If so, can you help a brother out ;);)?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
x10hosting platform is fine, i believe bdistler meant in your cpanel to open file manager.
(you do use cpanel i presume)
then click on the folder/file to change its permissions.
(files usually have to be 'selected' before showing the chmod options)

Status
Not open for further replies.