Change the main domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryansco2

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to change the main domain of my website from the x10 domain to my parked domain.

Thank you, Ryan

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
You need to go to whoever you registered your domain name with and change your nameservers there to: ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com

ryansco2

Reaction score
Already done, was just asking for my parked domain to be my main domain within my cpanel domains

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm using the paper_lantern theme in cPanel.

Go to Addon Domain and you will need to put your parked domain in the new domain name box. Then you need to create a subdomain.
Your document root is the folder where all of your files will now be.

Once you have done this, you will need to go into your file manager and move all of your files from the xxx.x10.mx or whatever address you have to your new www.whatever.com folder

If after creating your addon domain it did not automatically create a www.whatever.com folder in your file manager then you will need to manually create it.

example: public_html/www.whatever.com

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
A parked domain does have the same documet root as the main domain and would act as an alias of the main domain.

The main domain for the account needs to be one of the domains we provide to ensure there's always one working domain on the account (we have had issues in the past where they let the domain expire or where free domain providers ceased to exist leaving a lot users hanging).

The end user won't know it is a different domain then the domain set as main for the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.