Unable to un-suspend my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

jking10150

Reaction score
I received an email "Notice of Account Suspension" due to inactivity on Dec. 15th for my free hosting website (inpictures.x10host.com).

I logged in to my account control panel the next day, Dec. 16th, and clicked the button to un-suspend the account, but it did not work. The account is still suspended.

Now when I bring up my account control panel login page, it doesn't require logging in, it immediately gives me the page with the url "https://x10hosting.com/sso/main" which says "Welcome Back, Jim" (immediately after the opening paragraph).

The opening paragraph reads: "We are currently performing migrations and maintenance on our backend systems, logging into the system may periodically be impacted. Please read https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/ for more information."

The last two lines on this page are:

"The Next Step
We're removing the suspension now. Please standby and reload the page in 1 minute."

Re-loading the page simply brings up the same page again (and again, and again ...)

Corey's announcement "CPanel Migration to DirectAdmin" says "Inactivity suspensions will not be imposed until the migration is completed ..." This doesn't seem to be the case, since my account was suspended. He also said "More information to follow this weekend as we start the migrations." I don't see any additional information yet.

Could someone please look into this? I really don't want to have my website deleted.

Thanks,

Jim

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As Cory stated. "Inactivity suspensions will not be imposed until the migration is completed"
which is saying everyone has a grace period and will not have accounts deleted.

it would always be a good idea to back up websites and not rely on x10host to do it.
many unfortunately people fail to do that, then complain they lost their files.
even though Cory mentioned that all websites have been backed up.

pantychr

Reaction score
Same thing here. After logging in to remove suspension and getting the "welcome back" page, it will not refresh so suspension remains. I've got "We're removing the suspension now. Please standby and reload the page in 1 minute" but then nothing happens. This has been going on for 5 days now of trying to unsuspend. I understand that there is a migration and apparently some glitches are occurring, but this is unfortunate and hopefully it gets resolved soon. I've had a site on here since 2012 and while it is all backed up, there are updates I need to do and the timing is bad for this.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
try reading Cory's last update in the announcements.
or my last post in this thread.
they wont be deleting anyone during the migration.

apple2

Reaction score
As Cory stated. "Inactivity suspensions will not be imposed until the migration is completed"
which is saying everyone has a grace period and will not have accounts deleted.
To clarify: "inactivity suspension will not be imposed" means the opposite: inactivity suspension will be imposed, and you will not be able to unsuspend it (since you can't log in). It should have said that your account will not be deleted because of the imposed suspension.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ apple2
it does NOT mean the opposite.
"inactivity suspension will not be imposed" means just that.
they will NOT be suspended for not logging in.
you should read the announcement not just others posts.

salihcen

Reaction score
@spacresx

My account has been suspended for inactivity as well on december 15th, contrary to what the announcement said.

I am unable to unsuspend it as well.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ salihcen
If you have a ftp client try getting your files just in case.
But as for the suspension you could email them, id say try the feedback first,
then look further down that page for the email address, you can let them know
that you were suspended before the cPanel Migration to DirectAdmin post.

Since the suspend for not logging in is automatic, many people might see the same thing,
but maybe once the changes are done they will be unsuspended or have a new chance to
repeat the un-suspension process, Can only watch the news and announcements thread
and wait for the updated post about it.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I spoke to one of the admins earlier today, they were unable to give a firm eta on when all servers are moved over to directadmin (they are moving accounts to a new server that has directadmin set up, one server at a time). But he said one was fully done with the accounts move, and guesstimated that by end of next week all servers should be moved over to new servers (again that is an estimated timeline that may or may not hold true in the end), but there may still be additional time needed before all systems, such as the sso page for instance, are good to go completely after all the servers are moved.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I received an email "Notice of Account Suspension" due to inactivity on Dec. 15th for my free hosting website (inpictures.x10host.com).

I logged in to my account control panel the next day, Dec. 16th, and clicked the button to un-suspend the account, but it did not work. The account is still suspended.

Now when I bring up my account control panel login page, it doesn't require logging in, it immediately gives me the page with the url "https://x10hosting.com/sso/main" which says "Welcome Back, Jim" (immediately after the opening paragraph).

The opening paragraph reads: "We are currently performing migrations and maintenance on our backend systems, logging into the system may periodically be impacted. Please read https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/ for more information."

The last two lines on this page are:

"The Next Step
We're removing the suspension now. Please standby and reload the page in 1 minute."

Re-loading the page simply brings up the same page again (and again, and again ...)

Corey's announcement "CPanel Migration to DirectAdmin" says "Inactivity suspensions will not be imposed until the migration is completed ..." This doesn't seem to be the case, since my account was suspended. He also said "More information to follow this weekend as we start the migrations." I don't see any additional information yet.

Could someone please look into this? I really don't want to have my website deleted.

Thanks,

Jim
Your account has been unsuspended on the serverside, though I was also advised that your account is up for transfer in the next few hours so might want to hold of on doing any changes for now.

pantychr

Reaction score
I spoke to one of the admins earlier today, they were unable to give a firm eta on when all servers are moved over to directadmin (they are moving accounts to a new server that has directadmin set up, one server at a time). But he said one was fully done with the accounts move, and guesstimated that by end of next week all servers should be moved over to new servers (again that is an estimated timeline that may or may not hold true in the end), but there may still be additional time needed before all systems, such as the sso page for instance, are good to go completely after all the servers are moved.
Thanks Anna for providing some insight into the migration. I guess we're all just holding tight waiting for the process to complete in order to access our accounts. I'm presuming all the pre-migration suspensions have been resolved on the server side after we logged in and are just waiting for the go-live migration to DirectAdmin.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ Anna
thank you for the update on the progress.
I can understand that things like that take time to complete.
even though many others dont see it like that.

apple2

Reaction score
To clarify: "inactivity suspension will not be imposed" means the opposite: inactivity suspension will be imposed, and you will not be able to unsuspend it.
My account sure as heck was suspended, and I certainly had logged in a couple of weeks earlier. So my experience had been as I described.

And no, I cannot understand why such things can take weeks. Or happen at all. It shows utter disregard or complete incompetence - either way, I would certainly not ever pay a penny for hosting here.

Last edited:

sulaiman

Reaction score
For the record, I've experienced the same issue of my free X10hosting account getting suspended effective Dec. 15 for no fault of my own... The account should have never been suspended for inactivity caused by the migration process, and the unsuspension process should work as intended ... this is a problem of huge inconvenience and is unacceptable. Refusing to delete accounts during the migration process is no consolation considering accounts were unjustifiably suspended in the first place. Multiple users had their accounts suspended for no fault of their own, and these users are now being told to hang tight and wait for the migration process to make everything right. This is hardly a satisfactory resolution, to say the least.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Everyone has to wait, complaining and demanding wont change that fact.
it seems pointless to even do it, its not going to make anything change. you will still have to wait when all is said and done.
if your unhappy waiting go get another free hosting service.
thats just my 2 cents.

apple2

Reaction score
Really? Everyone has to wait? You sound like a shill paid to keep things orderly here. Either you know more than others (do let us know), or keep your 2 cents to yourself. Maybe you should spend your energy telling whomever runs this place to use open-source software.

Complaining is really important. I am sick and tired of having what little works be broken, and getting shushed. This really sucks, and as a customer - free tier or not - I've been abused, and enough of your victim shaming. I did nothing wrong. If your (sic) unhappy with my complaining, put me on your ignore list or whatever. Or better yet, stay quiet until you have something useful to say.

sebnpals

Reaction score
@apple2 Earlier when you said in another post that you logged in. Did you log in through the https://x10hosting/sso/login page or the CPanel login?

Reason I ask is for the system to see your account as active you must login through the sso/login page.

As for the CPanel issue it's not x10hosting's fault CPanel changed their licencing x10hosting is not the only one experiencing this problem either so please stop getting upset over it they're trying their best to get everything setup and right the first time.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ sebnpals
Cpanel changed their prices and that made many hosting websites change who they deal with.
so its not x10hostings fault, they just chose not to pay the extra for cpanel.
which i can see when they have a lot of free accounts using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.