No CPanel Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

sssvcx10

Reaction score
I am able to successfully login but when I select “Open Panel” it goes direct to DirectAdmin. How do I get to the C-Panel where I normally can edit my website? Or is the migration process preventing this ability right now?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
DirectAdmin is replacing cpanel once the migrations are complete.
cpanel will only be available to paid accounts.

sssvcx10

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, spacresx. Does this mean the end to free x10 users? I am new to the x10hosting and frankly the free usage was my main attraction. Now that I have used the site for two websites, I may opt to start paying if this migration goes successfully. I hope x10Hosting does not
eliminate the free usage not only for my own purposes but because I believe it's good for their business.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Free hosting will continue to be available, only with using DirectAdmin as the management panel for users instead of cPanel.

mycoo368

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, spacresx. Does this mean the end to free x10 users? I am new to the x10hosting and frankly the free usage was my main attraction. Now that I have used the site for two websites, I may opt to start paying if this migration goes successfully. I hope x10Hosting does not
eliminate the free usage not only for my own purposes but because I believe it's good for their business.
They are not removing it anytime soon. The whole reason they are moving to DirectAdmin is so that we can keep our free hosting. cPanel changed their licensing costs and policies where they are by Account along with upping their prices. Even though DirectAdmin uses a similar model, many more accounts can be held on multiple servers for a lower cost.

Just look at the price comparison. Its a no-brainer for x10Hosting. This is cPanel's.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 3.43.12 PM.png

Below is DirectAdmin's
Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 3.43.17 PM.png

sssvcx10

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarity, mycoo368. I get it, there's quite a difference. I am happy to stick with x10 or is it x11Hosting for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.