Resolved Website editing post migration to Direct Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundsed

Reaction score
I currently have a site that I had built with Sitebuilder currently published in my domain. Since the backend upgrades to direct admin I am unsure of how to access Sitebuilder so that I can edit my site and was wondering if anyone might know how to.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The good news is that DirectAdmin and SiteBuilder do work together. So it's possible x10 could offer that feature in the future. I don't believe it is enabled at this time. But, I found this article which shows that it can be installed in DA.

https://site.pro/For-Hosting-Companies/Documentation/Plugin-installation-guide/#directadmin

The administrators will have to decide on how to proceed, and I'll ask they look at this.

However, you may be better off and using this as a starting point to migrate to something like Wordpress or Drupal where you have more ability to edit content and layout on your website. It's a lot of overhead, but it's pretty automated with Softaculous and using the integrated plugin and theme managers. Just something to consider as these software are much better supported because they're free and compatible with almost any webhost.

Regardless, I'm flagging this for the admins.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Sitebuilder will not be available, for much of the same reasons that we had to move from cpanel to DirectAdmin. We did have a grandfathered price for the sitebuilder under cPanel, but wasn't able to stay on that with the new servers.

There is a sitebuilder within Softacluos though, not sure how well it would be compatible with the existing files though.

Sitebuilder did however use plain html for its coding if I recall right, so if you are familiar with that you can edit the files in any texteditor and should be able to use a WYSIWYG editor locally as well if you'd prefer and then use ftp to update the files.

soundsed

Reaction score
How would I go about using ftp and do you have any recommendations as to free WYSIWYG Builders that are compatible with the files that the old Sitebuilder created?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not used any WYSIWYG editor for many years now, so I would not be able to recommend one but I'm sure there's someone in the community that can.

As for ftp I use Filezilla for my ftp needs, make sure you download the client version and not the server version.

In your panel, under "Quick FTP" you will see what settings you need to use for the ftp client.

The files you want to be dealing with should be in /home/USERNAME/domains/YOURDOMAIN/public_html so be sure to navigate to that folder for upload/download of the html files.

kenny9

Reaction score
There are several free open source WYSIWYG programs available. You can Google them and read-up on those available.

soundsed

Reaction score
There are several free open source WYSIWYG programs available. You can Google them and read-up on those available.
Do you happen to have a personal recommendation as to any of the available options, as I am relatively new to site building outside of the former Sitebuilder program?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you just want to change text around, any of them will work. It's mostly just click and change the text. If you want to restructure the layout, there will be a pretty steep learning curve no matter what you use. You might just want to try a few of the first that pop up when you search and then ask questions here or some web design forums for the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.