Resolved SSL modification error

busworld

Reaction score
Hello

As with other users, I too am getting the error message 'Cannot Execute Your Request. You are not allowed to modify your ssl settings'.

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me out with this problem.

Many thanks!

busworld

Reaction score
Please try again now.

Hi

Many thanks for that. I can now modify the SSL settings.

Having selected the 'Use the server's certificate' option, however, I now get a 'Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead' message in Firefox when I try to access my website with 'https://' in front of the web address. (Clicking on the page's 'Advanced ...' button it states that the certificate is only valid for x12.x10hosting.com.)

You mentioned in another post that 'thousands of x10hosting free users are automatically being upgraded [to use the free certificate from Let's Encrypt]' and that registrations must be spaced out over hours, so is it just a case of waiting until this is complete or am I doing something wrong?

Hope you can help me out with this.

Many thanks once again.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Chose let's encrypt in order to have one generated. User SSL is if you have a valid certificate from an issuer already.

busworld

Reaction score
Chose let's encrypt in order to have one generated. User SSL is if you have a valid certificate from an issuer already.

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

I suspected that was the correct option and had already tried it but it just came up with a 'Cannot Execute Your Request' error and, although I could access my website using https, it worked only briefly.

I've just tried the Let's Encrypt option again and got the same error message but, despite that, I do seem to be able to access my website securely now. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Many thanks for your help.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
As I kind of eluded to in the forum sticky, we're having trouble because we have over 10,000 users requesting SSL certificates at the same time from letsencrypt and they do not let us do that. Unfortunately, until the queue clears out a bit you may actually have tried to get a certificate when we reached our hourly limit, but then the command ran again later and it worked. Since this is a limit of letsencrypt I can't do anything to force it, but if we're just patient over the next few weeks things will settle out. Letsencrypt certificates are automatically renewed, but I think that they will start getting spaced further and further apart once the system settles down.