Staff Help | Account Glitched

wooprapp

Reaction score
I think my iNodes have been exceeded but are caught in a previous cache version or something. My file structure looks clean but it keeps saying I got no space and I’m 500,000+ iNodes.

I’ve tried everything, even resorting to nothing but the ftp and other common settings.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are looking, I see you as having 203 Inodes, and under 3 mb disk usage.

When deleting files/folders there can be a small delay before it reflects properly, also by default everything is deleted to the .trash folder (which still would count towards Inodes). The .trash folder automatically purges files that are deleted more then 30 days ago, so it could be it just purged if you saw that usage earlier today.

wooprapp

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are looking, I see you as having 203 Inodes, and under 3 mb disk usage.

When deleting files/folders there can be a small delay before it reflects properly, also by default everything is deleted to the .trash folder (which still would count towards Inodes). The .trash folder automatically purges files that are deleted more then 30 days ago, so it could be it just purged if you saw that usage earlier today.
Hey, I actually just solved this like 10 minutes ago. I deleted the softoculus and other junk files. I have backups.

Please, let me know which folders/files are required for operation. If it’s not a factory file/folder in my roof I don’t want it.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Check your emails (1 email = 1 node). Also check tmp and .cagefs/tmp. I've seen these fill up erroneously.

wooprapp

Reaction score
Check your emails (1 email = 1 node). Also check tmp and .cagefs/tmp. I've seen these fill up erroneously.
Hey buddy, it was the uh... .softoculus installations. However, I’m currently dealing with some looping issues. Please review my https://friendifie.com landing page? There’s a error code I can’t seem to find and it also happens with other loops or redirections. Like... Excuse my terms but... How the Hell is it gone be like oh we’re working here then when you run it it’s not there then you get a loop (0); it’s stupid... Example, the Hell my $.ajax posts not posting my php results to my html elements anymore? But everything works? But when I try it... It doesn’t. Lol... I’m going stupid over here.

Last edited:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If im understanding you right,
it sounds like your deleting files/folders that you should not have deleted.
and thats resulting in the weird errors that you would see now.

Normally you would not delete anything accept content in your public_html
folder (not the public_html folder itself)

with acceptation of the content in the tmp folder if you do a lot of deleting.
plus of course the folders/content garrettroyce mentioned.
i beleive staff already mentioned in a previous post that deleted files would
usually purge after a certain amount of time.

as for the 403 error, i think thats caused by wrong permissions,
no .htaccess file, or you possibly deleted the domain folder related
to that website. i may be wrong on that and staff would correct me.

wooprapp

Reaction score
If im understanding you right,
it sounds like your deleting files/folders that you should not have deleted.
and thats resulting in the weird errors that you would see now.

Normally you would not delete anything accept content in your public_html
folder (not the public_html folder itself)

with acceptation of the content in the tmp folder if you do a lot of deleting.
plus of course the folders/content garrettroyce mentioned.
i beleive staff already mentioned in a previous post that deleted files would
usually purge after a certain amount of time.

as for the 403 error, i think thats caused by wrong permissions,
no .htaccess file, or you possibly deleted the domain folder related
to that website. i may be wrong on that and staff would correct me.
Nah, I just deleted the starter error page and some bash files (cause they don’t let me SSH so why keep it?) and my .softoculus along with a few more “apps”.

Im not to sure but I’ll keep y’all updated when I figure out what’s going on.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I just get 403. It usually means the folder permissions are wrong, or you don't have either an index.SOMETHING file and also don't have Options +Indexes in your .htaccess file.

wooprapp

Reaction score
I just get 403. It usually means the folder permissions are wrong, or you don't have either an index.SOMETHING file and also don't have Options +Indexes in your .htaccess file.
I’ve not solved this issue at the moment but I believe it’s because I deleted the *.shtml pages that were there by default.

Can you lend me a new copy?

I’ll give you some ftp permissions to upload them for me unless you can do it because you’re admin.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
just a mention, bumping threads does not make getting replies any faster.
im sure they will reply when they are available.

the best practice is to be patient and wait for a response from them.
just saying.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I’ve not solved this issue at the moment but I believe it’s because I deleted the *.shtml pages that were there by default.

Can you lend me a new copy?

I’ll give you some ftp permissions to upload them for me unless you can do it because you’re admin.

None of the files in public_html are important for your account to work; that's your content and you can put in it whatever you want. If you want a test page, you can dump this into a file:

Code:
<html>
<head>
    <title>test</title>
</head>
<body>
    <h1>It works!</h1>
</body>
</html>

This minimal file can be put in your public_html folder and named "index.html". You will see a page that says "it works!".

If you want a good starting point for a website, consider going to DirectAdmin -> Softaculous. You can choose from blogs, e-commerce, php framework, etc. to get you started.