Cannot use password reset function

dave0939

Reaction score
I set up this account ten years ago and the e-mail I used is no longer valid.

Consequently, I cannot use the password reset function.

What now?

Dave

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
can you provide more information?
do you still have access to the website url, or was it suspended?

dave0939

Reaction score
can you provide more information?
do you still have access to the website url, or was it suspended?

I'm not sure what you're asking. I can access my hosted web site but that's irrelevant. I cannot sign into the control panel because the password was reset and there's no means for me to receive the password.

Thanks,
Dave

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I set up this account ten years ago and the e-mail I used is no longer valid.

Consequently, I cannot use the password reset function.

What now?

Dave

At this time for security and proper ownership verification we are asking members who can still access their Direct Admin control panel to create a text document labeled x10hosting.txt inside any location via their file manager with the updated email address. You can access your Direct Admin by added :2222 to your domain URL for example : yoursubdomain.x10host.com:2222 if you do not know this password either please let us know.

dave0939

Reaction score
At this time for security and proper ownership verification we are asking members who can still access their Direct Admin control panel to create a text document labeled x10hosting.txt inside any location via their file manager with the updated email address. You can access your Direct Admin by added :2222 to your domain URL for example : yoursubdomain.x10host.com:2222 if you do not know this password either please let us know.

Thanks. I logged in and created the requested file.
Dave

dave0939

Reaction score
Your email has been updated. You be able to reset your password using the password you gave in the .txt.

Sadly, I requested a password reset (repeatedly) but never received any e-mails to the address I provided in the .txt file.

I attempted to change the password through DirectAdmin. It seemed to accept the new password and I can log into DirectAdmin with the new password, but I cannot log on at https://x10hosting.com/login using the new password, the old password or any e-mail address.

Anything you can do?

Thanks,
Dave

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, I requested a password reset (repeatedly) but never received any e-mails to the address I provided in the .txt file.

I attempted to change the password through DirectAdmin. It seemed to accept the new password and I can log into DirectAdmin with the new password, but I cannot log on at https://x10hosting.com/login using the new password, the old password or any e-mail address.

Anything you can do?

Thanks,
Dave
Your direct admin password is not tied to your x10hosting account these will be different. I have attempted to manually send the password reset for you please let me know if you get this. You may also join our Discord Invite Link : https://discord.gg/Ab9eGwsxh2

dave0939

Reaction score
Your direct admin password is not tied to your x10hosting account these will be different. I have attempted to manually send the password reset for you please let me know if you get this. You may also join our Discord Invite Link : https://discord.gg/Ab9eGwsxh2

Thanks, I received the e-mail and was able to change the password at the link in the e-mail. When I log on, however, it says in bold red "The email address for this account has not been verified. Click here to resend the verification email." Do I need to do anything about that?
Dave

Nevermind: I clicked the verification link and replied and now the warning is gone.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I received the e-mail and was able to change the password at the link in the e-mail. When I log on, however, it says in bold red "The email address for this account has not been verified. Click here to resend the verification email." Do I need to do anything about that?
Dave

Nevermind: I clicked the verification link and replied and now the warning is gone.
Awesome I am glad to hear this is resolved and you can now access all of your accounts and services.