Email Address NOT ON FILE?!?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, the message about password reset is just static text; that is, it just always says that. It's not a check, it's just an informational message for returning users that have been away for a while. Since your password was reset, it no longer applies.

The passwords for DirectAdmin and your your x10 panel are intentionally not synchronized. Because no one at x10 can decrypt your password, there's no way for DirectAdmin to get the password from the panel.

The temporary password that you received needs to be changed by going to the x10 panel and then profile. If you would like to change DirectAdmin's passwords (and therefore your default FTP and default email passwords) then you click on the service from the list of services shown on the dashboard or services page, and then change password.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just to simplify and clarify an issue you may be having your direct admin login and service password is not the same as your x10 main login page panel account. There are options under each section of your panel to change this password respectfully. Profile > Change Account Password is for your x10 account and Services > click your service name > change password is your direct admin password.

pintwin173

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Eric S, I was afraid of that :-(

Here's why:
When I try to change my password on the Profile page nothing happens.

Capture.PNG

I change my password using the popup on the Profile screen.
After clicking the "Change password" button there's no confirmation of any action taking place.

Let's check my email address:

capture2.jpg

As expected, already in use.

Assume the "Change password" worked despite no confirmation message.
Let's log out and try logging back in after waiting about 10 minutes:

Capture3.PNG

New password doesn't work. The temporary password still works.

Frustrated!

Regards,

Pintwin173

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I found the issue. Can you please try again?

pintwin173

Reaction score
Tried it just now: Changed my password on the Profile page and received confirmation from the popup window.

My new password works, I'm happier than a clam in high tide! :D:D:D

Don't know what you did but glad you found it, and hope it helps with others who might be having similar problems.

Thanks again!

Pintwin173

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You had found a bug I had missed during testing. I actually owe you a thank you for finding it :p

pintwin173

Reaction score
No problem, glad to help, hope it helps others!

Just have to remember the Microsoft quality mantras:

"It's not a bug, it's a 'Feature'."
"If it's not one thing, it's two."
"Always wait for the Version 3 release."

;-)