Not getting password reset email....

akesox10

Prime Account
Reaction score
Trying to do monthly log in but am not getting the reset email. Please help.
Thanks!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
There was an error transferring your account. Please note this has nothing to do with your hosting and your websites, databases, etc. are completely unaffected.

Please follow these steps:

1. Make sure your forum password is secure. It must have 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. If your password is not secure, change it now: https://community.x10hosting.com/community/account/security

2. Sign up for a new account. Use the email address you use here for the forum. Also provided your forum user name and forum password.

3. After receiving the verification email, please post here so we can associate your hosting and the account just created.

akesox10

Prime Account
Reaction score
@garrettroyce Thanks but when I try to change forum password, I get "your existing pw is incorrect". Pretty sure it's not - I've tried every pw I may have used. So what now?

akesox10

Prime Account
Reaction score
Signed up >>>>>>>>>>>
Thank you for signing up for an x10Hosting account.

Please visit the link below and sign into your account to verify your
email address and complete your registration.

https://x10hosting.com/account/veri...cationId=00006144-1f31-f73f-d539-493a6e765e68

You are receiving this email because you recently created an account or
changed your email address. If you did not do this, please contact us.

---
x10Hosting Team

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you click the link? It won't do me much good because it's past two hours old :p

You can now log in to your dashboard via https://x10hosting.com/panel . You should see that your old hosting account is now on the dashboard. If you click the button that says "USER @ X##" you can change your password for DirectAdmin. You can use your old password, if it is a strong password.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you don't need to change it, since you obviously can login already.

The need to change password applies to the first time login after being moved to the new system (I don't know the technicalities but I think it did relate to how the passwords are stored), in your case, among with a few other old accounts, that move failed so you had to set up a new base account in the new system which means that the password is already in the new system the correct way.

pabloala

Reaction score
There was an error transferring your account. Please note this has nothing to do with your hosting and your websites, databases, etc. are completely unaffected.

Please follow these steps:

1. Make sure your forum password is secure. It must have 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. If your password is not secure, change it now: https://community.x10hosting.com/community/account/security

2. Sign up for a new account. Use the email address you use here for the forum. Also provided your forum user name and forum password.

3. After receiving the verification email, please post here so we can associate your hosting and the account just created.

Hello! I followed all the steps. Now I need you can associate my hosting with my new account.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello! I followed all the steps. Now I need you can associate my hosting with my new account.
Looks like you already created a new service within the panel, I can not associate the old one as you are only allowed to have one active service at any given time. You'd have to terminate the one you created yesterday first if you want me to associate the old, if you prefer to use the new service the old DirectAdmin account will be terminated.

Ps. it is also a good idea to actually check if the same applies to you before taking advices directed to another users and acting upon them, it seems that in this case you were correct though.

pabloala

Reaction score
Looks like you already created a new service within the panel, I can not associate the old one as you are only allowed to have one active service at any given time. You'd have to terminate the one you created yesterday first if you want me to associate the old, if you prefer to use the new service the old DirectAdmin account will be terminated.

Ps. it is also a good idea to actually check if the same applies to you before taking advices directed to another users and acting upon them, it seems that in this case you were correct though.

READY, I ALREADY CLOSED THE SERVICE, THANKS

pabloala

Reaction score

Hello! I’ve already closed all the services. I need you to reactivate my old service. I can’t manage my domain nor my email, please. What donI need to do?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello! I’ve already closed all the services. I need you to reactivate my old service. I can’t manage my domain nor my email, please. What donI need to do?
I have now associated your old service with the panel account.