New Website: password reset (unknown email)

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Trying to follow GarrettRoyce's instructions to access via the new interface.
Unfortunately, the email I used to create my account many (many, many) years ago no longer exists. Like another user, I have been using my logon name instead of an email to logon to the SSO site.
Since a "password reset" is the first step, and the email on file no longer exists, I am stuck with no access to my account. I might also be approaching the time limit for periodic login, so this might be time sensitive before I get suspended.
What can be done?

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Also attempted setting up Discord account, but x10host servers are down, so my email does not work, so I cant get confirmation email from discord to set up my discord account.
Help! I am kinda stuck!:)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you can't access anything right now we'll have to do our best to verify you as the account holder and set a working email for it.
If the servers were working properly, you may have been able to access on ftp, or through DirectAdmin itself, in which case we'd have suggested to create a file on the account with the new email.
I do see an unconfirmed email change on your account (can't see how old it is though), it is a windstream.net address, is this the one you can't access anymore?
If so please send me a PM with the following details:

1. The full email that relates to that provider
2. The DirectAdmin (former cPanel) username
3. The domain you signed up fo
4. The email you want set for the account going forward.

Should that be an email address you actually can access, please try resetting it using that address (I'm suggesting this since it is unconfirmed which means it was changed after original setup).

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Thank you, Anna.

The clues were enough information to look closer at my records and notice the account had changed about a year after I signed up (which coincided with the change in my ISP), and using the "new" email I was able to reset my password and can now log in. I verified the new email while I was at it. :)

Question: is this the new SSO page? The one that tracks whether we have logged in within the required time frame?
Another question: the password change did NOT propagate to DirectAdmin. Is this on purpose?

Thank you again, for the quick response.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that would be the new SSO page that tracks login.

Yes, it is on purpose that it does not propagate, you can however change the DirectAdmin password under services (click the user @ x## to show more options), the change password option on that page is changing the DirectAdmin password.

Assuming your account/server is properly restored that should not pose a problem, but it may be wise to not make changes if it isn't already restored fully, if it isn't restored fully you will also see missing files.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Hmm. My account does not seem to be restored yet.
I tried accessing my website and got a 404. Unfortunately, my schedule requires I will have to investigate this later.

I also noticed my octagious.x10host.com emails are working for a few minutes, then not working with an error message. I saw earlier today that there are some server difficulties today, so as you directed, we will wait awhile before poking into this.