Public HTML folder still missing (X12 server)

susanna4

Reaction score
I'm on the X12 server and my public HTML folder is still missing. If this is because X12 just isn't finished yet, I understand the need to wait my turn, no problem (though of course I hope I'm not among the last). I just want to make sure that it wasn't somehow missed in the restoration.

And, if it's going to be a while before my files get restored, if I go ahead and create a new public HTML folder, will that cause problems with restoring my files later? (I assume it would just overwrite, which would be fine.) I'm concerned about how my website being down for nearly a week (and potentially over a week, if it's not made right within the next 22 hours or so) is affecting my reach, since I just released my first song as a singer/songwriter on Monday (it's just a case of bad timing), so if I can at least put up a personalized page stating that there are server problems and the website should be back up again soon, that would be better than the 404 that's there now.

Thanks! And sorry for taking up your time if this is still just part of the server side issues.

adler96

Reaction score
Also on X12; my site is giving me an http 403 Forbidden error. I guess we have to wait...

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to upload your own files however please note as the restore completes across the board your new files may be overwritten.

We are still working on the restores for x12 and x14. During this time you may see some services work and others not. Once this is complete your service will be back to normal.

susanna4

Reaction score
You should be able to upload your own files however please note as the restore completes across the board your new files may be overwritten.

We are still working on the restores for x12 and x14. During this time you may see some services work and others not. Once this is complete your service will be back to normal.

I just used FTP to upload my website from my most recent backup, but I'm still getting a 404 error, whether I use my .com or my x10hosting URL.

I have no problem with the files being overwritten! I haven't made any changes since before the server issues started. In fact I would rather they were overwritten, because of the date stamps (which would be helpful if someone else ever tried to claim that they wrote the lyrics to any of the songs on my Lyrics page).

I don't expect this problem to get any extra attention unless I still have a problem when all the servers are up and all the files restored, but I thought that you should know, in case it's important.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I just used FTP to upload my website from my most recent backup, but I'm still getting a 404 error, whether I use my .com or my x10hosting URL.

I have no problem with the files being overwritten! I haven't made any changes since before the server issues started. In fact I would rather they were overwritten, because of the date stamps (which would be helpful if someone else ever tried to claim that they wrote the lyrics to any of the songs on my Lyrics page).

I don't expect this problem to get any extra attention unless I still have a problem when all the servers are up and all the files restored, but I thought that you should know, in case it's important.
The public_html folder was in the wrong location (it needs to be /domains/DOMAIN/public_html), I copied the folder to that location and it appears your site currently works.

susanna4

Reaction score
The public_html folder was in the wrong location (it needs to be /domains/DOMAIN/public_html), I copied the folder to that location and it appears your site currently works.
Awesome, thank you! I thought it was perhaps another DNS issue, but it was me just not knowing where to put the folder. It's definitely working now. :)

uccx10h3

Reaction score
No 503 errors for me, just 404. I'm on X12 and my public_html folder isn't there. I assume I still wait for that to be restored? Thanks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No 503 errors for me, just 404. I'm on X12 and my public_html folder isn't there. I assume I still wait for that to be restored? Thanks.
Yes, that means your account has not been restored fully yet.