Cannot connect to FTP

rebeldom

Reaction score
When I type password where I acceded to my site with Filezilla appear this error to console:

Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Node name and server name provided or unknown". Could not connect to server

I was able to access before x10host f*** up with server name "rebelsit" but now no by error I mentioned before.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are on x12 or x14 no we have not finished the restore. Please keep checking the announcement section as we will make it there once complete.

rebeldom

Reaction score
Are fixed x12 and x14 servers? In case be yeah my site isnt avaible yet and cannot connect via FTP

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Last update I heard was x14 was done minus a handful that had been given issues and needed special care.
x12 was about halfway through on the last update about the status of that server.
I'll check your account in a few minutes to see if I can spot what's up.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account associated with this forum account does not have rebelsit in either username or domain name. The account associated with this forum account is however suspended.

Doing a search for user "rebelsit" does give an active account, with a forum account of the same name. That one is on x12 which is not fully restored (was about halfway done last I heard), I'd assume not being able to connect ftp and/or see site is due to that fact.

rebeldom

Reaction score
The account associated with this forum account does not have rebelsit in either username or domain name. The account associated with this forum account is however suspended.

Doing a search for user "rebelsit" does give an active account, with a forum account of the same name. That one is on x12 which is not fully restored (was about halfway done last I heard), I'd assume not being able to connect ftp and/or see site is due to that fact.
That's impossible, before this massive error of x10host I connected in filezilla with rebelsit and conected, now keep apearing me this error on filezilla: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Node name and server name provided or unknown". Could not connect to server

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
rebelsit is an account indeed, just not associated with the forum user you are posting from.

rebelsit is on the last server to be restored (x12), so the connectivity issues would likely stem from that.

rebeldom

Reaction score
rebelsit is an account indeed, just not associated with the forum user you are posting from.

rebelsit is on the last server to be restored (x12), so the connectivity issues would likely stem from that.
EDIT:

Yeah my site [URL REMOVED] is on rebelsit but still cannot connect to FTP by that error

Last edited:

rebeldom

Reaction score
WTF I could enter but adding my IP, before this massive error just typing "rebelsit" I could enter to FTP

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
rebelsit is a USERNAME, not a domain.

For hostname you can only use a proper valid domain (ie the same as you use for viewing the site in a browser minus the http(s):// part), you would never have been able to use the username as hostname, there's nothing for the system to look it up by, it does not translate to an IP the same way domains does.

gasolin2

Reaction score
Hi, No work Main FTP Account gasolin2 with Filezilla !!!
Created new FTP Account neither manually work !!

Respuesta: 331 User gasolin3 OK. Password required
Comando: PASS ********
Respuesta: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Error crítico: No se pudo conectar al servidor

Can you help me ?. Thanks !!!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, No work Main FTP Account gasolin2 with Filezilla !!!
Created new FTP Account neither manually work !!

Respuesta: 331 User gasolin3 OK. Password required
Comando: PASS ********
Respuesta: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Error crítico: No se pudo conectar al servidor

Can you help me ?. Thanks !!!
I can not find any gasolin3 user on the servers, I do find one gasolin2 user though, which is also what is associated with the forum account you post from so it would seem you use the wrong username.

If you created a ftp account from within DirectAdmin, it should be in the same format as a email address: user@domain.x10.mx as an example.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, users you create within DA have a username in the format that looks like an email address, the whole username is therefor "gasolin3 @ gasolineras.x10host.com" (no spaces, added to break link) this so the usernames created need to be unique, without the domain part making it unique, you would be very limited on usage.

As for the main user, you may need to set a new password for, can be done through the panel (they are not synced, so changing the panel password does not change the ftp password), you can du that using the "Change Password" found under the service details

gasolin2

Reaction score
Unable to change password. The system does not allow it !!!
That is why we have created a new user for ftp, which does not work either!
What is the solution ???

upload_2021-10-10_8-11-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-10_8-11-48.png
    upload_2021-10-10_8-11-48.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 2