Subdomain/redirect issue

quickmanx262

Reaction score
Hi all.

I set up a subdomain on my website ages ago for a webforum that is no longer in "public" use. It is fairly run of the mill stuff - visiting the base directory for the forum is supposed to redirect to the subdomain for it, etc.

Earlier this year, I removed that subdomain and also removed that redirect, but I am still being redirected when I try to visit the webforum's directory. It is still accessible, but I have to jump through a lot more hoops than I believe is necessary to try to access it.

Are there additional steps that I need to take to remove this redirect once and for all? I created the subdomain and redirect when x10 still used cpanel, and only removed it after the switch to this new DirectAdmin, so I am afraid there's some record update that didn't happen properly.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
maybe your account was restored to a version which included the redirect page.
have you checked that all files were removed ?
that maybe you didnt leave a folder or file in your x10 public_html folder.

do you still use your .com domain ?
you may need to change dns settings information.

maybe a @STAFF member or @Admin can help you.

quickmanx262

Reaction score
maybe your account was restored to a version which included the redirect page.
have you checked that all files were removed ?
that maybe you didnt leave a folder or file in your x10 public_html folder.

do you still use your .com domain ?
you may need to change dns settings information.

maybe a @STAFF member or @Admin can help you.
I did make sure to remove the directory for the subdomain after cleaning it out and making sure anything unique to it was properly backed up. I do use a .com domain name, and taking a look at my domain provider is showing that my nameservers are not pointing here... Which doesn't make sense, because using my domain name, I have been able to access my website here for years. I'm not sure if this is a solution to the problem, but you have at least helped me become aware of something odd, and for that, you have my thanks.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did make sure to remove the directory for the subdomain after cleaning it out and making sure anything unique to it was properly backed up. I do use a .com domain name, and taking a look at my domain provider is showing that my nameservers are not pointing here... Which doesn't make sense, because using my domain name, I have been able to access my website here for years. I'm not sure if this is a solution to the problem, but you have at least helped me become aware of something odd, and for that, you have my thanks.
I do see your nameservers seem to be updated for our service now. Is is possible you used a CDN service like cloudflare or similar in the past? If this was the case it could have had a rouge redirect or DNS setting causing the issue you mentioned before.

Has the issue been resolved after updating your nameservers? If not feel free to message me on here the url in question that seems to be giving you issues and I can certainly take a look for you.

quickmanx262

Reaction score
I do see your nameservers seem to be updated for our service now. Is is possible you used a CDN service like cloudflare or similar in the past? If this was the case it could have had a rouge redirect or DNS setting causing the issue you mentioned before.

Has the issue been resolved after updating your nameservers? If not feel free to message me on here the url in question that seems to be giving you issues and I can certainly take a look for you.
This does seem to have been resolved, but to the best of my knowledge, I never used any CDN service. I'm very confused as to how the nameservers were changed in the first place, as I have not logged into my domain provider's portal in some time (they do not even have a record of a login from anywhere in recent history). Not sure how my website has been working for all this time without the nameservers being correct but that is well outside of the scope of this thread.

Thank you both for your help.