One minor issue remaining on my site on x12

arbycard

Reaction score
It appears that the restore has been performed on arbycards.x10host.com, but rather than overlay the existing files (which I mostly restored myself a week ago), they simply bypassed all files that had newer timestamps (basically almost all of them). This is not a problem, except for one subfolder, gcount/logs. Those are really the only dynamic files on my site and I was only able to restore them from a September 1st backup. Your last pre-glitch backup should be much more recent, perhaps September 28, and I would appreciate having those files restored to that date, overlaying the current files. Thanks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have alerted the folks working with the restores.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It appears that the restore has been performed on arbycards.x10host.com, but rather than overlay the existing files (which I mostly restored myself a week ago), they simply bypassed all files that had newer timestamps (basically almost all of them). This is not a problem, except for one subfolder, gcount/logs. Those are really the only dynamic files on my site and I was only able to restore them from a September 1st backup. Your last pre-glitch backup should be much more recent, perhaps September 28, and I would appreciate having those files restored to that date, overlaying the current files. Thanks.

When we restored your account no files should have been over written as you noticed.

Regarding your requested time that time frame was during our downtime so we do not have any backups for 9/28. Your service was still being recovered and offline during that date. The restore points we have are for 9/22 and 9/23 for free hosting. If you would like I can restore the request files overwriting the existing in that location but the new files will be from 9/22 or 9/23.

arbycard

Reaction score
I have alerted the folks working with the restores.
Thank you, Anna. Looks like I may have one other issue. My FTP login is failing with "530 Login authentication failed". I know that was still working for a while during the outage, but something changed.
When we restored your account no files should have been over written as you noticed.

Regarding your requested time that time frame was during our downtime so we do not have any backups for 9/28. Your service was still being recovered and offline during that date. The restore points we have are for 9/22 and 9/23 for free hosting. If you would like I can restore the request files overwriting the existing in that location but the new files will be from 9/22 or 9/23.
Yes, that will be fine, whatever your last pre-glitch backup was. Thank you very much.

arbycard

Reaction score
Thank you, Anna. Looks like I may have one other issue. My FTP login is failing with "530 Login authentication failed". I know that was still working for a while during the outage, but something changed.

Oops! Please ignore my comment about FTP. I figured it out and thought I had deleted that reply before I posted it, but somehow it snuck back in. :facepalm:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is this on this thread?
Because a lot users like to do what is often referred to as "threadjacking", rather then actually doing what they are supposed to and start their own thread for their issues.

arbycard

Reaction score
This should now be restored from 9/22
Um, actually it doesn't appear that anything has been restored in that gcount/logs folder. The 69 files I'm seeing there are either the ones I uploaded on 10/1, or files that have been updated through my website since 10/1. Could you recheck your restore, please? Thanks.

arbycard

Reaction score
I'm still hoping that you can restore those gcount/logs folders from your 9/22 backup. The files I uploaded on 10/1 are actually from a 9/1 backup of my own, so your 9/22 files would contain about 3 weeks worth of data that I never captured. Your first attempt at restoration doesn't appear to have replaced any of my files, so I'd appreciate you taking another crack at it. Thanks!

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still hoping that you can restore those gcount/logs folders from your 9/22 backup. The files I uploaded on 10/1 are actually from a 9/1 backup of my own, so your 9/22 files would contain about 3 weeks worth of data that I never captured. Your first attempt at restoration doesn't appear to have replaced any of my files, so I'd appreciate you taking another crack at it. Thanks!
Hello,

Can you please verify if this restore worked?