x12 server uptime / speed issues

costas1

Reaction score
Does the x12 server has any uptime / speed issues?

Since yesterday loading of my 2 websites on x12 is quite often extremely slow and sometimes it fails completely.

costas1

Reaction score
The problem persists for one of my websites based on Mediawiki. The website loads extremely slowly or it keeps loading forever.
Anyone with performance issues on x12 or is it just me?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
im not seeing any services for your current forum user name.
can you provide your current forum user name related to your account
or your website URL with this issue ?

costas1

Reaction score
My username is costas.
I added 1 in the forum, because the username was taken in the forum.

costas1

Reaction score
My Mediawiki based site is still so slow that's almost inaccessible.
If any users on x12 read this thread, please let me know if you experience similar issues.

costas1

Reaction score
Total load time for my Mediawiki based site was last time I checked 101443 ms!
Is something going on with the server or with my site? (1-2 weeks earlier it was loading in a few second!)

costas1

Reaction score
Major improvement today after several days (about 10 I think). Website fully loads between 3.5 - 6 seconds. In comparison previously a full load was taking 101 seconds!

I hope the improvement is permanent!

costas1

Reaction score
No, unfortunately fast loading lasted only for a few minutes. Mow I get again a load time of 101000 ms...

costas1

Reaction score
Right now, also my other website is inaccessible! Is something going on with the server? I got a load time of 1.67 min!

Does anyone experience similar issues?

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have confirmed the server status has remained functioning without any major issues during your reported times. I also confirmed your website is taking a very long time to load.

At this time it is assumed the underlying issue is within the install of your website. Did you run any updates or make any changes before this starting occurring?

I will also take a look at the processes being ran on the backend on the server when your site is loading to see if we can figure out what within your site is causing this long load time.

costas1

Reaction score
I recently updated the website to the latest Mediawiki version. The speed issues started before that. The update made no difference.
But it's not only my .org website. Also the .com website quite often takes a lot of time for a full load. I just tested my .com website right now and I got a full load time of 100470 ms.

I think the time is not random. It's always between 100000 ms and 102000 ms. That happens constantly for the .org website and randomly for the .com website, but the full load time is between the aforementioned range for both sites when it happens.

costas1

Reaction score
The problem persists for my Mediawiki .org website.
I want to add that from time to time also searches performed with my .com website take forever to return the results.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No update from me as I can tell the service your site is hosted on has not had any issues. However I can also see your site is loading but still very slow.

Further looking into this it looks like you are using cloudflare for your DNS which could be causing some of the issues. You can attempt to remove the cloudflare DNS and host your domain directly with ours to see if this resolves the issue. I know cloudflare has some issues when using certain SSL types and the DNS

If it does not it would indicate the software itself is causing the slow down as you may be going over your resource limits using the latest packages.

costas1

Reaction score
If it does not it would indicate the software itself is causing the slow down as you may be going over your resource limits using the latest packages.

Since the load time is fixed it seems to me like a "penalty" for crossing a limit. Can I see the limits somewhere in DirectAdmin and where my websites stand in resources consumption?

By the way, as I said the problem is not affecting only my Mediawiki website, but also my .com website. And as I said it does not happen only when the .com website is loading, but it also happens when sending a search query.

costas1

Reaction score
Changed Cloudflare's name servers to X10Hosting's ones. No difference.

costas1

Reaction score
I am seeing your domain still using cloudflare DNS and A records.

I switched back. I changed to x10hosting's name servers for a brief period of time and I used https://dnschecker.org to check for the transition.

Isn't there a way to find out if a penalty is imposed to my sites? The delay has a fixed time of a 100 seconds, so obviously that's not a coincidence.

edit: I get the same delay time also by my .com website, with the difference that it does not happen constantly as with the Mediawiki. I cheeked it with https://www.webpagetest.org/
So obviously it is a general issue, not a website related one.

Last edited:

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I switched back. I changed to x10hosting's name servers for a brief period of time and I used https://dnschecker.org to check for the transition.

Isn't there a way to find out if a penalty is imposed to my sites? The delay has a fixed time of a 100 seconds, so obviously that's not a coincidence.

edit: I get the same delay time also by my .com website, with the difference that it does not happen constantly as with the Mediawiki. I cheeked it with https://www.webpagetest.org/
So obviously it is a general issue, not a website related one.
At this time I would recommend changing your DNS to fully be handled by our servers. Once that is completed let me know and keep it that way so we can troubleshoot this further. While DNS checkers have their own methods to check DNS itself can take a bit to propagate. Flushing your DNS etc will not always