180 Search Ass

limelight

Reaction score
It makes a little icon beside the time on my computer and it puts popups while I'm surfing the net saying this ad is brought to you by 180 search.

How do I get rid of it? Any ideas.

Cbxu_

Reaction score
is it software or spyware... maybe you should clean up your computer with a anti-spyware program.. or if you installed it with something.. uninstall that thing again

limelight

Reaction score
I just tried Microsoft's Anispyware and it seems to have worked pretty well.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yes that should work for somthing like this! I would also reccomend you doing a once a week scan to keep all these things out of your computer...

limelight

Reaction score
I know, my last scan was May 5th, 05. I'm getting really lazy.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Maby thats why you got the spyware!!!...also keep it updated with the latest anti-spyware deffinitions...

chaganlal1

Reaction score
I posted a thread on soem good softweare to get rid of this I had some kind of SaveNow adware installed it was awfull.

limelight

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Maby thats why you got the spyware!!!...also keep it updated with the latest anti-spyware deffinitions...

Yeah, but I had some realtime spyware blocker or something enabled. I just thought that would stop it.

prithvi

Reaction score
I had 180 Search get installed in my machine a few times earlier.

It gets installed when you download and install certain free screensavers/desktop themes etc.
They come within the installation pack, where u have to select them or u can't install.

I also got 180 Search auto-installed when I was visiting a crack site and clicked on a 'Yes' button (although it was not needed, as I came to know later).

limelight

Reaction score
I dunno, for some reason every time I get my computer reformatted it comes with it installed.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
It's Spyware, and very common, I've seen it many times, Microsoft Antispyware would be usefull to unistall it completely

_Xero_

Reaction score
I use Spyware doctor to get rid of that stuff. That damn 180 search thing makes me furious.

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
but remamber some anti spyware programs are made to make things eg popups to really anoy you. :liar:

Last edited: