3000 credits for header image

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
I am paying 3000 credits for a modification to the header image for my site: http://www.lights4yourpc.com/

I want an image of a glowing computer added to the header image. The computer should be similar to the image in my favicon:
icon.bmp

I am offering 3000 credits as I know it might be difficult to do this well.

If you want me to send you the .psd of the header image to make it easier to modify PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

Your entry should be in .png or .gif format, but if you use photoshop I would like the .psd aswell incase I need to make future modifications.

I will end this contest as soon as someone makes me one I am happy with.

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Where do you want the image of the computer?

bigjoe4

Reaction score
I think it will look best in the middle of the spikes of light coming up. Or if that does not look good you could remove the spikes of light and put just a pinkey glow instead.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Maybe, it must fit in with the style of the rest of the site though.

Last edited:

medphoenix

Reaction score
Hi Bigjoe,
Here is my creation....
If you like then send me your original PSD file, so I can change something
you can send it at (psdfiles(at)medgameplanet.com) or zip it and attach here.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Hi Bigjoe,
Here is my creation....
If you like then send me your original PSD file, so I can change something
you can send it at (psdfiles(at)medgameplanet.com) or zip it and attach here.

What you have done by putting the computer in the beam of the LED is very good :) :) and it looks cool, the only thing I would like changed is the face of the computer screen made dark blue to draw attention to the actual computer box rather than so much to the screen, and also, the glow made more even all around.

I have made a preview page so you can see what it looks like at the moment: http://joe.exofire.net/Domain2/
Edit:
Domenico: yes that looks nice, although you should put a little red light on the front or something to make it look more interresting. But you will have to hurry because as soon as medphoenix makes the changes I suggested he will win!

Last edited:

Rufio1

Reaction score
before you give it entirely to medpheonix lemme take a crank at it. I got a pretty good idea you might like...

medphoenix

Reaction score
alright were you go.

lights.png

It's amazing...and really cool. And It's a nice work with combined idea .
I leave from this offer, since I can't beat Rufio's creation...I like it very much:biggthump.
If It wouldn't be a secret, then Please tell how did you create the lightning/electric appearance.

As far as I'm concerned, the text "Light4yourPC.com" is interfering the entire design.The text could be designed in different way. (change font+ Reflection + etc...) If It would be done, then This design will be perfect.

Last edited:

Rufio1

Reaction score
ahaha. Thanks.

As for font, I'm actually a bit hesitant because I cant really see anything working correctly. If you want to take a crack at it, its all you.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Last edited:

Domenico

Reaction score
Hey Rufio1, where did you get the image of the tower? Because if you got it form here you may want to read the "Site User Terms and Conditions", which state "You may not download (other than page caching) or modify the Site or any portion of it, without our express, written consent. This includes: ... images, text, page layout, or form) of Overstock.com or its affiliates without our express, written consent."

I brought this up because I wouldn't want bigjoe4 to get sued for using images without permission.

---

How's this? I made it so it looks like the tower is radiating light trough the cracks. The left one is more realistic, the right one is an artistic representation of the coolness of the light. It resembles fire.

Have a look.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
hmm yes, I don't want to get sued.

Domenico, yes they look cool, I think I like the right one better.

I've got an idea!
How about Domenico does the computer, Rufio1 ads the lightning effects, and medphoenix improves the text, and you all get 1000 credits each!

That would be cool

Last edited:

javajenius

Reaction score
For B.Joe, your web page first loads the image, which does not blend in with the background, and then the background changes to match the picture. Just wanted to point that out.

P.S:Domenico, its interesting that you found the exact tower. ;)

bigjoe4

Reaction score
For B.Joe, your web page first loads the image, which does not blend in with the background, and then the background changes to match the picture. Just wanted to point that out.
yes, I know that happens but I cba to fix it
P.S:Domenico, its interesting that you found the exact tower. ;)

yes that is weird, maybe he has that PC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.