3ds max or maya?

• 3ds max

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • maya

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Parsa44

Reaction score
I could find a long list of people who use 3ds max but that doesn't prove anything.

pbmuja

Reaction score
Maya is for animations. It's for making films like Ice Age or Kung Fu Panda.

3Ds Max is for modeling. It's great for making games and realistic 3D environments.

As you can see they are two different programs for two different purposes. By the way they are both products of Autodesk. This confirms the previous statement.

This statement is correct. Both are different, Autodesk created this two programs with two different purposes in graphic design because Autodesk will incorporate this 2 programs in 1 software if they have the same purpose.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
This statement is correct. Both are different, Autodesk created this two programs with two different purposes in graphic design because Autodesk will incorporate this 2 programs in 1 software if they have the same purpose.

Yes, just like Adobe who has created multiple programs that do basically the same things:

Fireworks, Illustrator and Photoshop can all edit images; but each one has a niche. Where Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks can all create web pages; but each one uses a different web format.

This also applies with MS Office: you can make nice cards with Word but Publisher is better with that task.

This process used by companies is used to help bring the customer specific tools for their specific needs. (and it makes the companies more money.)

chingola

Reaction score
So if I understand all this, I should use Maya if I wish to animate seriously, and if I just want 3d 3d studio max is the way to go. I've been trying Poser lately different company and I guess set for basc figure posing and basic animation