403 error

andysx10

Reaction score
Hi, I have had this site http://andys.x10.mx/ since 2008, never had any problems until now.
I'm not sure if all my files are there, but this is the message i'm getting when trying to go to my site.
403.png

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The public_html that would be where the server looks for it is empty (/domains/DOMAIN/public_html).

I do see you have one directly in root, so not sure if you have uploaded it or if it is part of the process currently. If you did upload it, it should be safe to move the files to the correct public_html (though I'd hold off making changes as they may be overwritten when restore completes).

andysx10

Reaction score
The public_html that would be where the server looks for it is empty (/domains/DOMAIN/public_html).

I do see you have one directly in root, so not sure if you have uploaded it or if it is part of the process currently. If you did upload it, it should be safe to move the files to the correct public_html (though I'd hold off making changes as they may be overwritten when restore completes).
Thank you and sorry for the reply before in the incorrect topic

andysx10

Reaction score
Hi again
I created the folders (/DOMAIN/public_html)
and moved the contents of the original public_html and dropped into the new location of the public_html
Now i'm getting 404 error
Do you know if the restore has been completed and if so any ideas of how I can fix this?
Thanks
Pete

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The restores have not completed. Once they do we will post an announcement about it.

The /DOMAIN/ was meant as a placeholder for the actual domain name you have. I moved the files, though due to there not being a index file you will now see a 403, but a direct address to any file should work fine.

Please note though that your files may be overwritten as the restores progress, so I'd advise to keep a copy on your computer for any edits you want to make in the meantime.