403 Forbidden, whatever I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Alright so ever since my account was terminated and I created a new one last week, I get a 403 error on any of my site's pages. The permissions for folders and files are set to 755 and 644 respectively, as instructed. This morning I checked my cPanel and for some reason the public_html was set to 750, so I fixed it, but it didn't change anything.

Can someone have a look at my account, please?
Salvatos on Starka.

Edit: I just thought of something. I signed up the new account using salvatos.x10.mx, but had Anna change it to my former salvatos.x10hosting.com. So i just tried loading salvatos.x10.mx and I get an empty "Index of /" with only /cgi-bin in it.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Could you post the contents of your .htaccess file?

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Certainly:
DirectoryIndex root.php index.html index.htm index.php
Both root.php and index.html are present and return a 403 despite showing 644 permissions. Oh and index.php as well.
It used to have something referencing lotus.x10hosting.com, but I'm guessing Anna removed it.

Thank you.

(By the way I'm not sure you saw my edit since you posted right after, please check first post.)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
On the bright side, there's no forbidden error now.

On the down side, it seem to fail loading completely :(

Will continue to check into this

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Yeah, I had this a few hours ago too, as well as other people on Boru and Starka - I don't suppose it's related to my account's specific problem ^^

Thank you both for your assistance - don't sweat it, looks I won't have much time for my site until next week.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Spoke to soon, it errors out with forbidden again.

The not loading part was caused by a quick server reboot issued by another staff member.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This has now be sorted.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Why hello there, website :D

Thank you very much for all your help, Anna! And to all who have contributed from the start :)

Status
Not open for further replies.