$5 Counter-Strike Source

xPlozion

Reaction score
Not sure what section to put this in, so this seemed the best of them... on Steam this weekend, you can pick up CSS for $5.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/240/

I might wanna return CSS to GameStop and get this instead (paid $20). didn't open it yet, so might as well :)

I'm definitely gonna start playing it, cause I'm starting to get tired of CoD4 and I'm looking to find a new game that's not gonna get old.

Last edited:

fukufuji

Reaction score
Its an older game but $5 is an unbeatable price for that game. Its fun and there are 100's of public servers that are packed night in night out. Flashes and headshots get a little annoying and there are a few hackers here and there but admins always kick them.

majstorspeedy

Reaction score
i'm actively playing CS:S and it's loads of fun.
also, i'm owner of a gameserver located in europe (Croatia) so ya might
visit it sometime. there's enough admins online and almost no cheating.
all cheaters are permanent banned as soon as discovered!
here's IP if ya interested:
ALPHA FIGHTING CREW - public | FBG stats
213.202.106.137:27015

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I got it as soon as the weekend deal activated (Friday), I played a couple of times, it's great.
Also, the game is Valve Anti-Cheat protected, so it's permanent ban from all Valve's Servers when a hacker/cheater is found.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, the game is Valve Anti-Cheat protected, so it's permanent ban from all Valve's Servers when a hacker/cheater is found.

After a few weeks that is :biggrin: . VAC = Random Perma-ban. Makes hackers think that their hacks are VAC-proof for a few weeks (where they'll eventually publish their scripts for the script kiddies to download) and then they get slapped with a ban the next time they log into Steam.

Last edited:

Clinton

Reaction score
$5 isn't bad. The game gets boring mad fast for me I wish I only spent $5 on it lol.

jackleo

Reaction score
Yep, weekend deal only -75% :) i brought it :) even under linux with wine it works great :)

chiasson

Reaction score
yes so glad, they were offering this, i jumped on it right away XD love it...

wongers

Reaction score
i love knowing the fact that no matter what happens, if i'm ever bored and require some shooting, then i fall back on CSS.

infact, just the other day, i was on the original Half Life Deathmatch on crossfire map (the one with the nuke bunker). oh my, that took me back :)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I am bored playing Counter strike....