5 Easy Points for English Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hello people, I am translating some interviews for a website, from English to French, and I came across an abbreviation that I have never seen and that is not in my dictionnaries...So...Here are the two quotes with the abbreviation underlined, 5 points to the first person to tell me what is the complete word or phrase and its meaning.

"Yeah, you know, it's funny, the other part of Metal Warriors was already written a long time ago (1985, ed), but we didn't have a chance to use it in the proper setting."
"These people (bootleggers - ed.) are putting music out, they're taping things **** quality."

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Unfortunately TorinC, your link doesn't seem to provide the term we're looking for. Thanks anyway. As for the others, maybe StarShine is right, it could be like an author note added to the transcription of the interview. But I need to be sure so keep'em coming, I'll do a few verifications on my side.

If StarShine was right, he and the person who brought the proof (official source for example) both get 5 points. Thanks for helping.
Edit:
Well the correct word was "editor", it's a note added by the author to precise a specific detail to the sentence. Points will be sent to StarShine (who was at least close enough to have the same meaning) tonight when I get back from school, Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.