503 Service Unavailable error by Web Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

martijnvdc72

Reaction score
i'm on server "absolut"
pressing f5 used to work, as eventually it would go through. Since yesterday it's just completely broken.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
I get the same 503 error constantly, have no weird scripts or wordpress, just happens when i change form page to page. I truely believe that the servers are just overl loaded, probably with too many dead accounts that are bloated up and need to be purged.
If these dead sites were dumped out it should open up lots of room and stop this issue. Free account or not, no excuse for shabby service.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We regularly clear off unused account, that's where the login requirement we have on free hosting comes in. Any one that doesn't login to the portal for 30 days gets an inactivity suspension, if that isn't dealt with the account would be terminated after 21 days.

@tropicalfish4um There's no hosting account attached to the forum account you are currently posting from, if you prefer using this one please use the option to link it to your hosting in the portal at "Get Support" -> "Visit forums", you'll see which account is currently linked as well as have a link to a page allowing you to change that. Posting from an account linked with the hosting does make it easier to check on things. Right now I can't even tell what server your account is on.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
Thanks for that guidance anna, i think i linked my forum, if not please let me know.
All the above being said, is there any effort being made by the owner/admin of x10 to correct this problem, as you can see its pretty widespread. It would be nice to at least know what is causing the issue and get it corrected. :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is indeed widespread, covers all servers by the looks of it.
These kinds off issues are often rather illusive, they appear more or less randomly, and from what others written mostly when they do things in the admin interface of their scripts, such as making changes and submitting those. And it appears to be at all hours and not more often at a certain time of day, so going through logs isn't really a good option, it would have been easier if the issue only occurred at specific times.
On all that of the reports where I have checked their front end on the website, which is all I have access to obviously, I have not encountered any errors.
Is it limited to admin interface in your case too? I clicked around a bit on your site and didn't encounter any issues at this time.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
Yep, mainly when im making some change to a feature etc. via the admin panel. All i have to do to get past it, is click refresh and the action is completed, and everything returns to normal.

martijnvdc72

Reaction score
It happens when people fill out a captcha on my website.
After that, it does some simple php and sql stuff. It's reproducable 99% of the time.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
does that block whatever they are trying to do, such as register on your site, or is it just to allow a post ??

martijnvdc72

Reaction score
It makes it completely useless. My website gives away free bitcoins. they only need to fill in a captcha to get the coins every two hours. It's quite a simple website, really. It shouldn't cause much traffic or CPU load at all.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
I really dont think it is about good well designed sites at all, there is something somewhere in all the X10 servers that is causing this issue.

vintage7

Reaction score
watch out php scripts that you get for free or pay a small fee. What makes you think Vanilla is the best out there?

interne3

Reaction score
@vintage7 It's efficient, beautiful, and the best open-source software ever seen. @Anna I'm not able to say clearly when in the day it happens because again, it happens randomly through out the day regardless of what I'm doing

arytekx2

Reaction score
It's been happening for a few days now (that I know of). I've posted a topic about it already and still no response about why I'm getting the error. I found a hosting provider that seems better so far so I may switch my site over and put it back online on their servers.

As for "when" it happens, it's on and off throughout the day. It's happening right now at 3:38 PM (EST).

Last edited:

interne3

Reaction score
It's not working again at 6:25 PM 11/2/2013 CST (It's making me getting on fire)

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
wasted blood pressure increase. Nothing has been done, nor do i suspect will be done to correct this issue. Sad :(

interne3

Reaction score
No way! I created over 80 business cards and I'm not gonna waste them just because I switched to another web host

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem here is being able to reproduce the error to see what is causing it, for most of you guys it appears to happen in the backend of the site, which we do not have a login for obviously.

I have a test account set on one of the servers, where I on and off been testing using a wordpress and an smf install, and as of yet I have not encountered the issue. I guess I just test at the wrong hours, or the fact I do not have plugins installed has an impact on the appearance of the error.

Admins are aware of the issue.

interne3

Reaction score
@Anna To help with this issue, you and one more staff member may TEMPORARILY have Admin rights at my site to help with testing as long as you guys don't misuse these rights. Watch for a PM from me please. (Well, I'll think about if you can get "Staff" permissions)

bradleyx

Reaction score
it happens when ur in the admin panel. its random times. you could go 5 times without it showing then again go 5 times where it shows up during that 5 times.

like now it showed up 3 times in a row. had to refresh 3 times to log into my admin panel

Status
Not open for further replies.