503 Service Unavailable error by Web Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francois B

Reaction score
same error here since couple of days. Used to work fine before. It happens to me when trying to update posts/pages on wordpress. I'm in Eastern Time Zone.

It is happening now repeatitively. 8:42 pm EST. Sunday 11/3/2013

arytekx2

Reaction score
I'm using Joomla and it's giving me the same problem. I get the error when trying to update my version, changing settings or adding extensions. It's annoying because it happens when you're doing something and messes up your website especially when installing something because it only installs partial and you have to start over again.

It's just level that I know of because a friend of mine is using Joomla on the absolut server without problems.

Attachments

• 503.png
    503.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 10

whatreal

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I switched to a different web host and have had no problems. I needed help with something but the support was very fast and helpful.

arytekx2

Reaction score
It's annoying getting 503 error. I'm getting it on my absolut server every time I save an article or anything in general with Joomla. I switched to the hosting provider that whatreal did and it's really good so far. Only downfall is my domain can't be parked. They don't allow parking .tk domains.

semsemx1

Reaction score
Yes, I do have a database and run queries to it.
503's still happening on form submission, 9:48 AM EST.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
It happens to me on almost any execution of an admin nature. Such as adding an smf mod etc. This is quite rediculous.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it is. I have been digging around and also relayed my findings to the higher admins with more knowledge on how the servers are set up.

Unfortunately with the issue beeing intermittent, and not always present, this makes it a bit tricky to find the cause for. Also the tasks the error comes up for varies a lot. At times it comes just by loading a page, other times it only comes when you actually do some major tasks, such as running a table optimization on the database, yet another time the table optimize runs without hitch so there's no concistency to why it would come up.

I fully understand the frustration you are feeling regarding this.

martijnvdc72

Reaction score
On my website it ONLY happens when some php code does some mysql stuff. It's all fairly simple stuff on a relatively small database (40k entries or so)

Phil S

Reaction score
I'm using free hosting to have a look at PrestaShop, but the 503 errors on Absolut have been a nightmare over the past few days during the setup, to the point where I've abandoned further work. PrestaShop with one mySQL database is the only installed software, except for some static html maintenance pages on the account. I have managed a basic shop install, but any update thru the PrestaShop control panel (e.g. adding a module, or even a new user) gives a 503 error on more than 50% of the attempts. A couple of these have caused corruption and the need to roll back and reinstall modules.
Currently, the site is totally inaccessible.
I have used x10 free hosting for other sites in the past for this exact purpose and have had no problems of this sort before.
Who can analyse the root cause? When will they?

interne3

Reaction score
And you were talking about a senior admin who knows more about the server setup. Can you PM me with his username and email? @Anna

I wanna give him admin rights so he can dig deeper in to this issue

brucehal

Reaction score
Unfortunately with the issue beeing intermittent, and not always present, this makes it a bit tricky to find the cause for. Also the tasks the error comes up for varies a lot. At times it comes just by loading a page, other times it only comes when you actually do some major tasks, such as running a table optimization on the database, yet another time the table optimize runs without hitch so there's no concistency to why it would come up.
I've said in multiple threads that the override_function() in /home/override.php error may or may not have anything to do with this issue but from my experience they came at the same time.

With x10 unable to find the reason for the 503 problems, may I suggest you start with the /home/override.php issue and you may find that is the reason for the 503 errors. If not, then at least you have fixed that issue. An issue that has a clear error log message.

Anna said:
Do you have any database activity on your site?
I have MediaWiki running on my site, which has database activity. Level server. And I've been having slowness and 503 errors, as well as the error.log reporting /home/override.php errors.

Thank you for your help.

navhaxsx

Reaction score
same thing here with absolut too. well this is free hosting so yeah :p!

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
Its not funny if youre serious about running a professional website. However "Free" obviously means unreliable and troublesome as well. Still getting the 503 code always on any admin action, i run SMF software with no unusual or non standard attachments or code.

This issue has been on every server X10 has for several days, and nobody in the Admin Staff can figure it out, that tells me that this host is a joke, there is absolutely no way i would pay for hosting here when the free hosting sucks so badly. i have moved my site to a REAL hosting company, and i would advise anyone who really cares about having a professional website do the same. This crap is Mickey Mouse at best.

Ive removed all my files and database from you, so do as you please with whatever is left.

Last edited:

AquariumHobbyist

Reaction score
Im Sorry, but i think this issue is related to addons or bells and whistles, to the various software.
Ive installed a clean copy of SMF with only a custom header, and have started building the forum sections, and am having no issue whatsoever. I was having the same problem prior to rebuilding, and now its gone. I have no idea which add on was causing my issue, but i feel quite sure that was it. Some conflict between Mods even though they were factory supplied by SMF, and the way the server was handling them. Hope that helps.

AquariumHobbyist

Reaction score
Update: Ive now installed every factory Mod i had before, still no issues. The only two things that are not installed is an alien code called Tap-a-Talk that allows connection to the site via, mobile devices. And a factory skin, before i install those i would like some feedback on what ive done so far. and still have no 503 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.