a couple small TOS changes

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was thinking about this earlier today and maybe it would be easier for X10 to crack down on multiple accounts per person if there was a 1 account per email address limit. As an example, at WordPress.com, you can have multiple accounts there, but each must have a different email address and the system won't let you register with an email that's already taken. On a related note, if a forum account is already registered with an email address that then signs up for free hosting, that account should be automatically linked instead of a new one being created.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
System already does not allow you to register for hosting with an existing email address.

What you suggest would not give us any means to limit free hosting to one account per individual, which is what we want to do, if you need to be able to create more sites then the free plan allows, you should be considering buying the hosting instead.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...if there was a 1 account per email address limit.
some (like me) have more than one Email address on other hosts - so I could use each of them to setup a account

IMO one Email address test - would not have any control of multiple accounts per person

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't sure how that worked. Personally, I don't have multiple accounts, but it seems like it's somewhat of a problem here. How is it tracked now?

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Well, since this thread was at the top of the forums, I figured I'd add this to it. I'm thinking there needs to be a file type designation on the 10 mb limit so that files that are needed for a site aren't deleted. For example, MP3, DOC, TXT, etc would be allowed regardless of the size, while zip and other archive files wouldn't be allowed over 10 mb. I'm not sure how else to do this as I just looked at my site and I've had my 4 longest airchecks removed because they are over 10 mb in size.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
I saw that news thread and reviewed it before posting. That being said, there are lagit reasons why a file is over 10 mb, that's really only about 10 minutes of audio, which usually covers it. Is there any way I can at least have the files put back onto my account, or will they be deleted again?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Further to this...

Either upgrade to x10Premium or use a free file sharing service for the downloads, eg. OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, etc. to name a few. There are others of course!