A flash web design

tittat

Reaction score
oh god your page consumed my abt 2mb of bandwidth....I have only 1GB/month allowed by my ISP(will u pls give me the reputation for this post)

about your site: Its looking prtty and proffesional.As i told above it will take a lot f time to load. And remember search engines cant crawl your site...being completely flash.Any way nice job...cheers....

Jesse

Reaction score
WOW VERY NICE...
I wish i could have a flash personal website... hehe :D

nightscream

Reaction score
Nice flash design!
But it takes to long to load and that's a big minor, people like to have a website open in 5seconds and yours take like 1min.

rlodge

Reaction score
Very nice site. It did take a while to load but I enjoyed it after it loaded. Looks very professional. I enjoyed it a lot.

Dan

Reaction score
Very good and professional site - takes far too long to load though. I was tempted to just not bother it took so long. I'm not sure I liked the brown colour scheme though. otherwise it is a marvellous site - must have taken ages...

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice website and animation. I think you should have used a different color scheme like black and white.

Sohail

Reaction score
I managed to go onto your site this time, it's really nice but the only thing that puts it down is the amount f time it takes to load :mad:.

I have one suggestion for you though, why don't you change the colour of your HTML background to the colour of your flash background so that it fits in or is it meant to be like that?

Good job anyway ;).

mattura

Reaction score
Still waiting for it to load...43%
What on earth have you got in there?!!
I have seen all kinds of flash websites with heaps and heaps of content/images etc, all loading faster than yours... Unless you do so already, seriously consider loading content when the user interacts, and not all at once!
Also, put an interesting animation on the loading screen, to keep people there. Or perhaps some introductory text (loads quickly) - you don't want to have a loader for the loader!
now 75%...
Edit:
Very nice site, certainly reduce the image quality (check export settings).
You could make the menu (on the left) load initially, then when a user clicks on the links, load the content for each link. That would save a lot on bandwidth.
I would suggest that you have too much animation going on, distracting from the main content. The changing title and white line animation is just a bit much. Looks nice at first, but distracts thereafter.

Last edited:

Labmonkey

Reaction score
It did not take that long to load for me... and I agree with sohailamir52, the background of the flash during loading should be the same as the html background. Also, the flashing phone number thing (I think that was what it was) got very, very, annoying while reading your site. Other then that, it looks very nice.

mygorillanet

Reaction score
Too Heavy means limited audience

Your design is pretty cool! Congratulations. However there is one big but!

While using cable internet, your site loaded reslly fast but ate up a couple mb of my bandwidth.

While using 115k internet, the loading was really slow.

I started off with flash and actionscript websites because the layout designs can be as good as your imagination will permit. The functionality/components are also only limited by how well you have mastered your actionscript and server-side intergration techniques.

However, the site may look nice, but due to its download sizes and time, most people would loose patience while waiting for it to download and would abandon the page.

I suggest you try moving to fireworks now. The layouts are also easily designable but in this case instead of loading sfw movies, the browser loads a number of image slices in compressed format. Its faster and is crawlable.

After fireworks, you can then move to pure html with php and java. A little css added and you can have an almost exact clone of what you have now. except, it will load in a fraction of the time it requires now.

mac173

Reaction score
heres a new flash site i've designed..
http://www.djyogesh.com
check it out and pls give your feedback

Nicely designed. As others have said, it is rather large, and takes a long time to load.

The script animations are well done and timed well. The light flashing also looks good, and the background is nicely opaque, so it does not overshadow the foreground.

The P in Perfection is filled in at the loop of the P when it scrolls in. The word at the end is correct.

Grats on a nice job.