A Late Intro

rubenj

Reaction score
Everyone,

I'm Ruben. I don't know why, but I like cPanel. It all started when my Virtual Airline got a forum from one of the members. Yes, I do know I am a nerd. lol I was very interested in it all of the sudden. After searching for about 30 minutes I found what kind of forum it was. Being truthful, it said SMF in the banner. I googled them and found the download button. When I first downloaded it, I was not the brightest with cpanel, forums, etc. I looked in the file and found the install file. I double clicked on that for a while until I figured out I was getting nowhere. I am usually the one who goes to the directions right away, but for some reason, not this time. As you can imagine, I looked at the directions thinking, "there is no way I can do this", so I just moved on and made a website with some free web-host.

The web-host I used had a free built in forum, so I activated it. It was cool and all, but it just didn't meet my standards. I posted a topic in their support forum asking how to put a legend of the mods and admins. They replied, "there isn't a possible way. If you want a good forum you should try phpBB." Then I went on to phpBB. Yes, we are actually getting somewhere with this story. This time I had a good attitude to get this done. On my laptop in California I read the instructions and low and behold, 45 minutes later the site was up. That is the basic story of how I got in to all of this stuff, and why I am now here. I am here to have a good host.

Thanks,
Ruben

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome to x10 rubenj! Hope you've enjoyed x10 so far.

rubenj

Reaction score
Thanks, and I have. Just trying to get enough credits for a domain. :)

By the way, do you know how credits are given out per post? Is it size, or just per post...?

Thanks,
Ruben

M

Macaws

Welcome to x10!
Nice story. Since you're working on web design, I invited you into my group.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well welcome to x10hosting.
Hope you enjoy what it has to offer, as it is like no other hosting company I have come across.