A New Way to Guzzle Gas

VPmase

Reaction score
That really sucks... My Dad owns a gas station so I wouldn't even want that to happen to me let alone anyone...

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Well when something costs a lot, people try to steal it. Especially if they need it.
I don't blame them for doing this but then again, I don't think that they should be doing this.
The U.S. has gone totally crazy this year.
Dollar Going Down = Prices Going Up = People Trying To Steal Things
Yeah, that would definitely not be good if your people did this at your dad's gas station, VPmase!

VPmase

Reaction score
Well when something costs a lot, people try to steal it. Especially if they need it.
I don't blame them for doing this but then again, I don't think that they should be doing this.
The U.S. has gone totally crazy this year.
Dollar Going Down = Prices Going Up = People Trying To Steal Things
Yeah, that would definitely not be good if your people did this at your dad's gas station, VPmase!
Not to mention minimum wages and paychecks stay the same while prices rocket...

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
This isn't new exactly, it's just becoming more common.

Saudi Arabia is supposedly going to boost their output soon.. it should provide some temporary relief. Greenspan wants to pass a bill to Congress that would reduce shipments to the strategic oil reserve, and allow for drilling in Alaska and the building of refineries in order to lower the price long enough to develop alternative technologies.

kkenny

Reaction score
Sooner or later.. all the fossil fuels will be gone. That's why now I try to walk to everywhere I'm going to. It's better for your environment, your pocket and your health :D

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I heard that if you padlock the tank they'll smash a hole in the side instead.

One particularly far-fetched idea: distract a driver at a gas station by asking for directions, while a dwarf surreptitiously transfers the nozzle from the victim's vehicle to yours.
What?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
But I think it is good that we are running out of fossil fuels because that means that we have to actually find an alternative instead of people saying, "Eh, we already have something that works; why bother making something new?"
I wonder what our new president will do. :biggrin:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, that's gotta suck for the stations who have to pay a couple thousand for the stolen gas. Wait until the prices go down and you'll see how low the crime will go since the gas is cheaper. It's the cost that's causing this problem.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score

I don't believe hydrogen will EVER become a viable fuel with these current methods of electrolysis.

The one only way is being proposed to the Department of Energy, which involves a certain radio frequency directed towards salt water. Apparently the frequency disrupts the hydrogen bonding between salt and water molecules, causing flammable hydrogen to exit the solution (from what I read)

I think the long term fuel source will be primarily ethanol (but not through corn). Brazil does it through sugarcane, and we have the technology to turn any plant material into ethanol. Google cellulosic ethanol if you don't believe me; Shell Oil Co. had been doing this for years nearly a decade ago, but gas was cheap then so it wasn't economically viable.. I'm sure they're kicking themselves right now!