A question about games

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart8

Reaction score
I am quite new to this.
There are sites like www.neodelight.com/about/freecontent

which offer free flash games for integration into sites. The scripts are not big, ranging in size from 300kb to about 2mb.
I want to use some for a kid's section of some site - though the main emphasis is not games.

It involves uploading the swf file and an html file with code pointing to the swf file.

My question is how resource intensive are games, in terms of bandwidth & so on?

Has anyone got any experience?

Thanks

Last edited:

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
It shouldn't be too bad, 30gb (Advanced Package?) of bandwidth should hold up to it. If it doesnt, your site will just say that youve exceeded your banwidth (so you can remove some games, perhaps).

Zenax

Reaction score
they are hardly resource takers at all! The most a game should take up is about 5mb of bandwith, so the Advanced package should quite easily cover it.

If not then the Corperate Plan will most definatly cover any bandwith needs you may have!

Just to clarify, these are the small time flash games you get from places like miniclip.com and not a fully web based game like RuneScape!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, I was about to say, if it's not something that actually requires the server to run, you'd be ok. All a flash game is really is just a 50kb-several MB flash (swf usually) file that gets downloaded onto the viewers pc and played.

Not much different than webpages or images, except that they're usually interactive, animated, and larger than images/webpages :)

And I think Advanced might be 20gb. In any case, 20gb would give you 4096 views on a 5mb file provided all they did was view that file (I didn't take the loading of the html or any images on that page into account). 4096 is ~136 views a day, or about 5 2/3 views per hour. Dunno about you, but I'm not making 136 views a day (I actually am not breaking 10, but thats off topic) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.