Account Managers and Others

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Hi there,
I was just wondering how the account managers, moderators and other staff are selected. Are they upgraded from common members to higher posts or are they assigned to their respective ranks on joining? I hope you don't mind me asking....:confused:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
They are promoted from regular members after applying when an opening is announced.
I started as a regular member, applied for a position as a Sales / Advertising person ... and was recently promoted to Senior Staff.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Starshine: You needed to satisfy any eligibilty criteria?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Depending on the job opening - there were some requirements they asked for. ( Probably why my few applications for Account Manager were rejected )

I guess, for the most part, is being helpful and active on the forums. When the Admin and Staff Manager sees you really helping out, knowing your information ... they may pick you over someone else.

I would say knowledge of HTML, PhP, CMS's ( Joomla, Nuke ) are pretty helpful as a lot of users ask for assistance in that.

Able to write clearly in English, Spanish or French, have a good attitude towards other members.

I am hoping one of the other staff will answer and either back me up or tell me I am completely wrong. I feel like the lone duck here answering this.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
StarShine is 100% right. There are many different criteria we take into consideration. Mainly reviewing your previous posts for professionalism and a genuine wanting to help people out.

-Corey