[Account Suspended] Remove Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

interne3

Reaction score
Hi. My domain (timeworld-forum.tk) is still attached to my account and needs to be removed. The reason for this is because when I release it, the file is still inside the httpd.conf file and it will cause some trouble for people who get it. I beg x10Hosting to please release the domain. Thank you

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
At your domain provider's (registrar's) "dot.tk" Web site - change DNS [ NS ] record - from [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and from [ ns2.x10hosting.com. ]

Last edited:

interne3

Reaction score
Will it still interfere with some stuff? For example, getting the domain and wanting to use it on GoDaddy. The domain is still in x10Hosting's httpd.conf. Will that interfere?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey - just to confirm, once .tk's config has taken effect (ie., once you have changed the name-server settings and the change has been taken by DNS resolvers worldwide (usually within 24 hours)), the files and settings you have in your account here have absolutely no effect on your domain; it becomes completely unlinked.

interne3

Reaction score
So that means within 24 hours, if anyone wants to use timeworld-forum.tk with x10Hosting's Nameservers, it still won't interfere?

interne3

Reaction score
But what if they want to use timeworld-forum.tk with x10Hosting's NS? That's what I am concerned about

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
But what if they want to use timeworld-forum.tk with x10Hosting's NS? That's what I am concerned about
They won't - when you or anyone attempts to access timeworld-forum.tk, you'll get the correct IP address from the correctly configured name server, although it sometimes takes a few hours for configuration updates to take place.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I see that, too, and if I try to register it on www.dot.tk it says that the domain is unavailable (ie. already registered).

Did you change the DNS details through the .tk settings pages?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe @descalzo registered it as he said earlier

I don't know what little game you are playing, but I didn't register it.

If you thought I could register it, then you knew you had dropped it, which you never mentioned.

And now it is on another free hosting site.

And is a frame for a site owned by someone name Bob Distler

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The site loads joshuablanks.com in a 'window' on timeworld-forum.tk

Joshuablanks.com is registered to Bob Distler. (look it up on http://orlando.dnstools.com/ )

Please note that Bob Distler/bdistler is in no way affiliated with x10Hosting, beyond being a customer.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Closing ticket as the issue is as solved as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.