add IPB back to script library

Matthews255

Reaction score
thats good, i use that one!!!

if you ask me IPB shot themselfs in the foot when they released that trial!!!!

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Too true anyone can make a new Download link..... if you have the trial version when they released it... Fatal mistakes they made really.

Last edited:

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
That would be neat if you could put the board already made like the phpbb one......... could you developers do this... this would be a better a host by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr than that it already is.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Added IPB back to library...

-Corey

Woolie

Reaction score
Corey said:
Added IPB back to library...

-Corey

If that doesn't show what good customer support there is here i don't know what does :hsdance:.

Good choice Corey.

Chirantha

Reaction score
Please Stop Making Links to IPB 2.0, Its illgeal. I contacted IPS (Wo they are soooo slow to repely)

I wrote

Hi,

Recently there have been some out breaks of IPB 2.0 coming up. I don't know if this is legal. From what I know they are re-distributing that copy. I want to know if this is legal or not.

Thank you,
Chirantha

Then after 3 days!!!! Err... They said

Thank you for contacting Invision Power Services.

Debbie has responded to your Invision Power Services request.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello,

All versions of IPB 2.x should be licensed.

Regards,

Debbie Ruff
IPS Customer Relations
Peterborough, UK
Invision Power Services, Inc.
-----------------------------------------------

To respond to this message, please visit this URL:

So here is there licence

LICENSE
Invision Power Services (IPS) grants you a non-exclusive license to use the Software on one installation to be accessable by one URL (web address) subject to the provisions in all sections of this Agreement.

TERM
Invision Power Board is offered under yearly and lifetime licensing. Both license terms feature technical support and service plus access to upgrades to the software as they are available. In the event a one year license expires without being renewed, the software will remain completely functional but will be unsupported and no access to upgrades will be made available.

SCOPE OF GRANT

You may:

customize the Software's design and operation to suit the internal needs of your web site except to the extent not permitted in this Agreement
produce and distribute modification instructions, Skin packs, or Language packs provided that they contain notification that the Skin and Language packs were exported from and originally created by Invision Power Board and/or IPS. The modifications instructions you personally create are not owned by IPS so long as they contain no proprietary coding from Invision Power Board.
create applications which interface with the operation of the Software provided said application is an original work

You may not:

permit other individuals to use the Software except under the terms listed above
reverse engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the Software for distribution or usage outside your web site use the Software in such as way as to condone or encourage terrorism, promote or provide pirated Software, or any other form of illegal or damaging activity
modify and/or remove any copyright notices or labels on the Software on each page (unless copyright output removal license is purchased) and in the header of each script source file
distribute the Software
distribute individual copies of files, libraries, or other programming material in the Software package
distribute or modify proprietary graphics, HTML, or CSS packaged with the Software for use in Software applications other than Invision Power Board or web sites without written permission from IPS
modify the software to function in more than instance or location (URL, domain, subdomain, etc.) from a single set of source program files unless each location is separately licensed

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The Software is provided on an "AS IS" basis, without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by you. Should the Software prove defective, you and not IPS assume the entire cost of any service and repair. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by IPS Software have inherent limitations, and you must determine that the Software sufficiently meets your requirements. This disclaimer of warranty constitutes an essential part of the Agreement.

TITLE
Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Software shall remain with IPS. The Software is protected by copyright laws and treaties. Title and related rights in the content generated through the Software is the property of the applicable content owner and may be protected by applicable law. This License gives IPS no rights to such content.

TERMINATION
This Agreement will terminate automatically upon failure to comply with the limitations described herein or on written notice from an authorized representative of IPS. On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software within 48 hours. Termination of the license due to noncompliance will not result in any refunds of license fees.

MISCELLANEOUS
IPS reserves the right to publish a selected list of users of the Software. IPS reserves the right to change the terms of this Agreement at any time. Changes to the Agreement will be announced via email using the IPS email notification list. Failure to receive notification of a change does not make those changes invalid. A current copy of this Agreement will be available on the Invision Power Board web site.

Skin packs and Language packs are defined as the group of code, text, and graphics that are exported from the Software using the provided functions of the Software Administration Control Panel. Integrated add-ons for Invision Power Board are released under this Agreement. Purchasing or downloading integrated add-ons constitute an additional, separate instance of this Agreement.

Technical support will not be provided for third-party modifications to the Software including modifications to code, Skin packs, and Language packs to any license holder. If the Software is modified using a third-party modification instruction or otherwise, technical support may be refused to any license holder.

PROPRIETARY LABELS
Authorization to remove or modify output of copyright notices can be obtained from IPS for a fee. This fee authorizes you to remove the output of copyright notices: it does not give you authorization to remove any copyright notices in the program source files or any other rights.

GOVERNING LAW
This Agreement shall be governed by the Laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Laws of the United States of America. Any action in regard to this Agreement or arising out of its terms and conditions shall be instituted and litigated in the Circuit Court of Bedford County. Each of the parties consents to jurisdiction in such Court and agrees that service of process as provided by the states and rules of civil procedures of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall be sufficient. (FTB)

MANUFACTURER
Invision Power Services, Inc., 1115 Vista Park Drive Suite C, Forest, VA 24551. For questions, write to the above address, email info@invisionpower.com, or call 434-316-7201.

Corey Please I don't want this forums in trouble with IPS

mattspec

Reaction score
yeah, dw it is totally legal up until 1.3, NOT 1.3.1 though, also, nate, that download is EXTREMELY ILLEGAL, i would suggest taking it down

B

Brandon

Who knows I could be working for Invision Board. Dun Dun Dun Dun DunDunDunDunDun DunDun. Just joking!

moose

Reaction score
Hope this isn't against any rules, but after around 15 seconds of googleing, this is what I got
naughty.gif

IPB 1.3.1 Final Download Page

Chirantha

Reaction score
Corey said:
It's 1.2

-Corey

No I mean there are members posting links to IPB 2.0 on THIS forum. Its illgeal!!! I need you to remove these links. (Most in the Market Place).

Hope this isn't against any rules, but after around 15 seconds of googleing, this is what I got
naughty.gif

www.you-cannot-redistribute-ipb-2.0.com

Here is another illgeal link. YOU CANNOT RE-DISTERBUTE ANY IPB VERSION remove that Link ASAP. IPB 1.2 is ok because CPanel is giving the user the IPS Agreement for IPB 1.2 and I belive CPanel has permission to do so.

Last edited:

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Derek said:
can you add IPB back to scripts library in the c panel and also can u try addin vbulitten
LOL I just read the first post and I just had to post this before I continued to read. LOLLOLOLOLO!L$#%I(W$#%ADS(UFIJ!(*$u#(w*utgsdjfk

vBulletin you have to pay for around $150 PER forum installation.

Just go download a copy of vBulletin from *I won't tell you, because it might get me another warning for no reason*, or you could wait for it, I am pretty sure they will add vBulletin soon, like never.:hsdance:

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
So is that download in the post above IPBv2.0 trial or the full version?? and whats the score on using it?
cos if its not allowed i'll stick with 1.3 final oh and btw you can upgrade 1.3f to 1.3.1 without changing the 1.3 final at the bottom see invisionize.com for the mod. I hate PhPBB it sucks compared to ipb.:drool:

mcnair

Reaction score
downloading IPB version 2.0.0 and above anywhere other than the main invision site is illegal. nothing more than that.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
mcnair said:
downloading IPB version 2.0.0 and above anywhere other than the main invision site is illegal. nothing more than that.

Kay thanks Bud i'll stick with my modded 1.3F then dont wanna get in any trouble :happysad:

Chris Z

Reaction score
what are you bumping this over 6-month old topic for? and the answer is NO you may not install IPB 2.0 unlimited trial, as it's against our terms, you may only use it legally (by word of Invision Power Services) is if you downloaded it back when they had it for free, now don't bump old topics!

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
what are you bumping this over 6-month old topic for? and the answer is NO you may not install IPB 2.0 unlimited trial, as it's against our terms, you may only use it legally (by word of Invision Power Services) is if you downloaded it back when they had it for free, now don't bump old topics!

Hey man come on there was no need for the warning i didnt know you were not allowed to reply to topics cos they are old and i was only asking a question:nuts: