Add Mentos and Diet Coke and what do you get?

swirly

Reaction score
yeah ive heard about this b4...but some other sodas work and others dont, and people in different places havent gotten the same results..

Cynical

Reaction score
The teacher my mom works with did this for their 5th grade science class once... I haven't personally witnessed one of these explosions, but I've seen a few videos before.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think I'm going to try this.. and I'll video tape it.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Phil said:
I think I'm going to try this.. and I'll video tape it.

I second that.. I'll get a huge 5 gallon water container, fill it like 7/8 full of the soda, then put like 10 cups of mentos in it. :)

Wooooooooo!! Hahaha

Conor

Reaction score
Bryon said:
I second that.. I'll get a huge 5 gallon water container, fill it like 7/8 full of the soda, then put like 10 cups of mentos in it. :)

Wooooooooo!! Hahaha
Make sure you video tape that one heh.

Crazy mofo. :thefinger

jensen

Reaction score
To get a strong and high gush of Diet Coke you need a container with a narrow snout and a wide body. Thus a 5 gallon water container won't get that same effect if it's just having a wide opening.

Hmm.. maybe it would be a school project as to see who can create the highest shooting geyser with just a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke and Mentos.

Are you sure they didn't add anything else before they added the Mentos in? Why was he using the paper funnel?

Conor

Reaction score
I think so he could just quickly slide the mentos in.

swirly

Reaction score
nedren ur gonna kill everyone around u. lol

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Lol sweet; higher than I thought it would go..

Wikipedia should put up a chemical-reaction explanation as to why this occurs haha

dragoneye_xp

Reaction score
That would be a nice trap to set up in school somewhere (at your own risk!!!)
:biggrin: It would be awesome to see that thing go off in a classroom... :runaway: `.`:.:'=={|||||||) :eek5:

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Unfortunately, mixing gasoline and diet coke has no positive effects on this experiment.

Last edited:

Conor

Reaction score
Trying a different 'version' of the experiment. Involves throwing the bottle at the ground and it flies.